Menu

Am i mad wedding arch

Go to DIY

melly1
New Wolly

Am i mad wedding arch

Postby melly1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:08 am

Has any one diyed one themselve? The prices of them to hire so was thinking of doing it myself its so much cheaper

mrsmcc2502
Mini Wolly

Re: Am i mad wedding arch

Postby mrsmcc2502 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:00 am

Absolutely do it yourself! I am a firm believer in DIY for everything, not just weddings - if you can pull it off then definitely do it! There's so much advice on Youtube, you'll find the right one for you. And think of the satisfaction you'll have walking up to your ceremony and seeing what you made! Good luck!

sj2be
New Wolly

Postby sj2be » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:21 am

Ye I agree have a look on youtube you would be surprise what you find and have a go.
Im doing an arch for my ceremony. Got a garden arch in woodies i think for e16, then got white cloth to cover it and im hanging tea light baubles from it, think itd make a lovely backdrop for photos aswell, getting married in november so might have to stay in doors for photos.

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:13 pm

We DIY a lot, and the wedding was no different. Definitely give it a shot. We diy'd loads and saved a fortune! You'll be so proud on the day looking at all you made and created!

CasualBride
Major Wolly

Postby CasualBride » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:02 pm

I haven't DIYed it, and wouldn't have much interest in doing so, but my friend has kindly offered to do mine for me as my present!! She did her own last year and loved doing it, so it can't be all that bad if you're a DIY fan!! :-)
I know she watched videos online, and I know she's buying half the organza in China from ebay, apparently you do need a lot to bulk up the arch (which she bought on ebay too I think, just a bog-standard metal arch)
She also mentioned garlands - I think she said they're about a fiver each..
It's definitely achievable if you've got the interest!
Good luck!! :-)

pampooties
New Wolly

Postby pampooties » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm diying mine, can't justify the prices I was quoted from florists! Got a cream garden arch and bought some organza online, hoping to pull it all together with some fairy lights. Need to do a trial of it some weekend soon!

The Fancy Photobooth
[email protected]
WOL Network

Postby [email protected] » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi brides to be I'd just wanted to let you know that we hire out flowers and décor at reasonable prices, if you go on to our webstore page you will see a pricelist of our packages, we go there set everything up and remove everything after the ceremony, leaving you nothing to worry about. If I can help you with anything please don't hesitate to contact me.
http://www.deesweddingflowerhire.info
11694752_879408772094996_9013808216857356205_n.jpg
11694752_879408772094996_9013808216857356205_n.jpg (112.4 KiB) Viewed 5023 times

Go to DIY