Am so bored today in work, only 6 hours till the weekend starts
I hear ya! Wish I could win the lotto! :shock:
Yep, bored outta my tree here, even though I actually could be working, I just decided to have a little mini strike, that no-one else knows about....
roll on the weekend!
(hey, maybe we could start a resistance movement right across Ireland, If everyone just did squat on a friday, maybe they'd start letting us just stay at home to save on electricity and internet usage.....)
Also bored stupid - i couid be tidying up my desk/office but i just can't will myself to do anything. Can't wait for the weekend to start! Heading out tomorrow night with friends, and though binge drinking is very very bad - I am going to get hamered! :lol:
Any idead on how to pass the time?
was thinking of cleaning my desk and drawers but couldn't be bothered getting out of the chair, might have a little nap
I find it's always good to stare at a co-worker for so long and so hard that their face seems to make no sense. It also breaks the monotony when they discover you eyeballing them and get really uncomfortable. Otherwise I just plan my escape route for 5.30, or plan the various ways in which you could fake your own death.
Another way to break the monotony is to stretch really loudly and inappropriately whenever anyone says anything, or to grumble out loud to yourself while glaring at everyone.
I find these things pass the time relatively well, and also make things fun for your co-workers too....or at least uncomfortable enough for them to wonder if there's a slight chance you may be mental..
I empathise entirely.
Any of the following might bring 5.30 that bit closer!
Want to try something new and exciting to do? Why not initiate an
office dare system - however to do it properly only you are allowed
the dare. Sound confusing? Well read on..........
ONE-POINT OFFICE DARES
1) Run one lap around the office at top speed.
2) Groan out loud in the toilet cubicle (at least one other
must be in the toilet at the time).
3) Ignore the first five people who say 'good morning' to you.
4) Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name and
say,"Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye."
5) To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your
6) When someone hands you a piece of paper, finger it, and whisper
huskily,"Mmmmmmm, that feels soooooo good!".
7) Leave your zipper open for one hour. If anyone points it out,
say,"Sorry, I really prefer it this way".
8) Walk sideways to the photocopier.
9) While riding an lift, gasp dramatically every time the doors open
1) Say to your boss, "I like your style" and shoot him with
2) Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask,"Did you get all
that, I don't want to have to repeat it".
3) Page yourself over the intercom (do not disguise your voice).
4) Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the
nozzle (there must be a 'non-player' within sight).
5) Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
FIVE POINT DARES
1) At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice
conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you
actually launch into it yourself).
2) Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you
growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
3) For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as "Bob".
4) Announce to everyone in a meeting that you "really have to go do a
5) After every sentence, say 'mon' in a really bad Jamaican accent -
in "the report's on your desk, mon". Keep this up for one hour.
6) While an office mate is out, move their chair into the lift.
7) In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly
mutter, "Shut up, damn it, all of you just shut up!".
8) At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce,"As God is my
witness, I'll never go hungry again."
9) In a colleague's diary, write in 10am: "See how I look in tights".
10) Carry your keyboard over to your colleague and ask "You wanna
11) Repeat the following conversation 10 times to the same person:
you hear that?" "What?" "Never mind, it's gone now".
12) Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why,say, "I can't
13) Posing as a maitre d', call a colleague and tell him he's won a
lunch for four at a local restaurant. Let him go.
14) Speak with an accent (French, German, Porky Pig,etc) during a
important conference call.
15) Find the vacuum and start vacuuming around your desk.
16) Hang a two-foot long piece of toilet roll from the back of your
pants and act genuinely surprised when someone points it out.
17) Present meeting attendees with a cup of coffee and biscuit, smash
each biscuit with your fist.
18) During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards
19) Arrange toy figures on the table to represent each meeting
attendee, move them according to the movements of their real-life
And if that wasn't enough for you here is some examples of insane
you can use anywhere...
1) At lunchtime, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point
hairdryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2) Tell your children over dinner. "Due to the economy,we are going
have to let one of you go."
3) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want
4) Put your rubbish bin on your desk and label it "IN."
5) Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has
over his or her caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
6) In the subject field for all your e-mails, write "FOR SEXUAL
7) Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."
8) Don't use any punctuation
9) As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
10) Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they
11) Specify that your drive-through order is "to go."
12) Sing along at the opera.
13) Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.
14) Put mosquito netting around your work area. Play a tape of jungle
sounds all day.
15) Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their
party because you're not in the mood.
16) Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock
17) When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I Won!I Won! 3rd
18) When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot
yelling, "Run for your lives, they're loose!"
And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity....
19) Send this to everyone in your address book, even if they sent it
you or have asked you not to send them stuff like this.