Another Newbie

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

archangel Posts: 113
Hi Ladies I just wanted to say Hi, intend to TTC in the next few months and just wanted to know, how many of you fell pregnant just after coming off the pill? Your replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks O:o)
gemini chica Posts: 2581
I did, was worried my cycle wouldn't go back to normal after 15yrs on it, finished pill on March 19th, had withdrawal bleed on the 25th, started temping (which I found brilliant), I OV on the 8th April and confirmed BFP on 21st April! Best of luck and lots of :babydust:
Thanks so much Gemini Chica for the reply. What thermomitor did you use for temping? I just don't have a clue. Did you start temping once you got your AF after stopping the pill? Did you use your own chart or use the online ones? I'm just really hoping it happens straight away but looking at this site the odds are even, some people happen straight away and others take longer.
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
Welcome to the wonderful world of ttc/pregnancy! really hope you have a short journey when you do start trying. For me, I was on the injection and came off it in Aug 07 and got pregnant in Oct/Nov 08 although we had only started ttc properly in mar 08 so it took me 8 mths to get pregnant but I think the injection was a huge factor there the fact that it took 14 mths to get out of my system. I used temping - you can see my chart on the temping thread on ttc, my advice is try and have fun starting off and don't start temping until you really feel you need to take control of things HTH :wv
Thanks so much Mrs..D. I'm worried if i come off the pill now i'll not have been taking the folic acid long enough if it happened straight away as i'm only taking it a few weeks, and then if i hold off until i've taken the folic acid 12 weeks min then it'll take months to happen. Theres just no knowing really. We spend so long trying not to get pregnant that it becomes such a huge dilema when we want to try and get pregnant.
I pm'ed you! This is the thermometer I got http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... ogId=11051, I was taking folic acid from Feb so really probably only had 2mths in me before conceiving but think of all the people that get pregnant and don't know! I did have the exact same dilema though and was too impatient to wait!
I'm with you on the impatience, i just can't wait to get pregnant and neither can DH! Just so excited about having a new person that is half of both of us.
Then go for it, read all you can on here and you will learn loads!!
red_rubies Posts: 2424
I got pg pretty much straight off the pill. I was taking folic acid for about 2 months before ttc'ing. I think the 3 months is just a guideline. If you're ready, then go for it. It could happen straight away or it could take you a while, you won't know til you try! Good luck!
Thanks so much for the replies girls, i kind have already decided not to wait as long before ttc, i just want to have 2 months of the folic acid first, impatience has gotten the better of me!!! Your all brilliant!