Antenatal Classes???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soon2bmomof3&4 Posts: 400
Hi can anybody help? I'm 28 wks gone and have not booked any classes. I was in the hospital yesterday for doctors visit and was told i have left it too late that the classes are booked up in the Rotunda. I was willing to do the saturday course and pay the €250 but they are booked up too! is there any real need for these classes as my sister had 3 children and never did one??
SoExcited Posts: 204
Hi powersta, I'm not in Dublin so I'm not sure where you could do the classes but in regards to doing the actual classes, everyone has different opinions on them. Some people say there is no need, others say you should do them for your first. We're doing them as this is our first so it's all new to us and I think it's important for us to do them, but that's only my own opinion. I think at least if you've them done, you won't wonder about whether you should have done them or will you have missed out on anything if you know what I mean. This is probably no help to you!! But just thought I'd reply all the same. SoE. x
bibikay Posts: 644
You could always do them at another hospital. When I booked ours last summer, they never asked which hospital I was going to. But, having said that, the most informative part of the classes for me was the tour of the labour ward, which would obviously be a bit different from one hospital to another. I think it's a case of , great if you can do the classes, but if you can't, don't worry about them... didn't/don't people have babies every day around the world without classes.
irish bride Posts: 558
I did a one day course with the rotunda, but i know there are plenty that you can find online, anywhere around Dublin. Maybe try searching that way and make a few phone calls?