Any of you colour your hair?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
i heard one telly hairdresser sayng not to have highlights but i think it has also been said that there are no proven studies about it. my own hairdresser wouldnt do it for me before either anyway i have heaps of straggly grey bits and really need to have it coloured. i a not against having it coloured i am just wondering how i would cope with the nausea. anyone have any trouble?
Spice Bride Posts: 558
I bought a hair dye in the health food shop. It doesn't have most of the chemicals found in hair dye but it does have ammonia. The fumes aren't anyway near as bad as 'normal' hair dyes so I didn't found that it made me nauseous. But I haven't had bad MS anyway.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I dyed mine when I was about 7wks,I dont think there is a danger because if there was we would know by now....I think its the case whether it will take in your hair or not,mine did!!!
it was more the fumes and smell when getting it done i am worried about. dont want to faint or puke in hair dressers, i cant do it myself so thats out of the question
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
i'm not sure if you can use it when pregnant but have any of you tried a natural henna colour? you get a great colour from it. you can get the blocks of it in LUSH for about a tenner i think. xx
mrs waterfordbride Posts: 3063
yeah they say your not too dye your hair while your pregnant
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
I got highlights in my hair, hairdresser said there are is no high risk & all my sister's got theres done whilst pregnant!!!! Lucy
007Babs Posts: 417
This is my biggest sacrifice. We have a few weddings coming up and I am going to NY next week and could really do with a bit of hair colour but I am reluctant to colour it and my roots are a show! Where did you get your natural one Spice Bride? Do Nelsons Homeopathy sell them?
doctors all say there is no evidence it causes any harm. R&R, i cant do it myself at home. my hair is limp and dead and dull. its just awful.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Beanies, get your hair done girl, it'll make you feel so much better for one thing ! I do mine every 6 weeks, otherwise I'd be white!! And I'm not having that, there is no evidence whatsoever that it's bad for the baby, god we might as well just hibernate for 9 months, if we had to listen to everything. I get Aveda done, it's supposed to be better for the hair but it's expensive, still it's about the only thing I really treat myself with. And they don't really small anymore I don't think anyhow, so you'll be fine. If you look good you feel good, and if [u:gyawlx3k]you[/u:gyawlx3k] feel good your baby will benefit from it, that's what I think.