Anyone ever been to a medium???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soulful Posts: 1697
Hi wollies I have never been to a medium before and was just wondering if any of you have been? I am going to one next Tuesday afternoon. I'm not sure what to expect really so I will just go in with an open mind. I did go to a psychic last year with a friend and thought he was just okay but a bit vague, I am quite sceptical as I know that good ones are few and far between. I do believe their are ones with gifts but also an awful lot of charlatans. I am also aware that people go to mediums for some sort of comfort when loved ones have passed and that is my reason for going. xxx
Kaycee Posts: 2107
who are you going to? im a sceptic but i believe theres a woman called dympna in dublin and some of the stories ive heard are incredible
[quote="Kaycee":4hedewca]who are you going to? im a sceptic but i believe theres a woman called dympna in dublin and some of the stories ive heard are incredible[/quote:4hedewca] Hi kaycee, I'm going to a guy in Trim in Meath, his name is Gareth Keoghan. I'm looking forward to it with a mixture of excitement and a bit nervous also. My little brother died 7 weeks ago today, he died suddenly. Was found in his bed and he was only 22 and the both of us were so so close and I am lost without him and miss him so much. I just want to hear he is okay although I am very spiritual by nature I guess any bit of light would be a help xxx
t2be2012 Posts: 718
I have been to a medium twice. They are great experiences but can also be very upsetting. The first time i went i wanted to make contact with an uncle that had passed but he didnt make contact and i was left very upset by it as we were quite close. The second time i went was about 18months later and the lady was a physic medium and i had just went to get my fortune told. She was great and my uncle came through to talk to me. I suppose i just wanted to warn you not to be surprised if he cant make contact with your brother as sometimes the spirit hasnt passed over yet or too many other spirits want to communicate with you. If you do make contact it can be a great healer in terms of grief and is a lovely experience to hear they are with you or watching over you all the time.
spritzer Posts: 625
Astrogirl, Sorry for your loss :lvs I went to Gareth last month and i thought he was very good, i had only gone to one other person before. He started off by telling me about my Dad and how he died which was correct he then went into other stuff eg. relationships work etc... He then started talking about a person who had suffered a brain haemmorage and what the tomb stone looked like and then he said out the name on the tombstone (name correct). This was about my Mam, well i nearly fell off the chair with how accurate he was. I had been so good the whole way through the reading as i did not want to give away anything but at this point i just bawled my eyes out. There was other stuff that he said which did not make sense to me at all and i am pregnant at the moment and he never mentioned that. I have to say that it has given me some sort of comfort to know that they are with us still everyday and looking after us. I hope you get some comfort from the reading too :wv
[quote="spritzer":1x5ye7jj]Astrogirl, Sorry for your loss :lvs I went to Gareth last month and i thought he was very good, i had only gone to one other person before. He started off by telling me about my Dad and how he died which was correct he then went into other stuff eg. relationships work etc... He then started talking about a person who had suffered a brain haemmorage and what the tomb stone looked like and then he said out the name on the tombstone (name correct). This was about my Mam, well i nearly fell off the chair with how accurate he was. I had been so good the whole way through the reading as i did not want to give away anything but at this point i just bawled my eyes out. There was other stuff that he said which did not make sense to me at all and i am pregnant at the moment and he never mentioned that. I have to say that it has given me some sort of comfort to know that they are with us still everyday and looking after us. I hope you get some comfort from the reading too :wv[/quote:1x5ye7jj] wow! that was amazing he picked up on all that. maybe he didnt want to ask about you being pregnant maybe he just focused on other things. my brothers friend went to gareth 2 weeks after my bro died and he asked about him at the end and he came through. gareth was able to tell my bros friend about another friend putting a can of guinness in the coffin, a smoke and box of matches and his fifa football game for the playstation. he also told him that he was met by family as soon as he passed and woke up on the other side. I cant wait to go to him, it is going to be so surreal. It is still so hard to believe he is gone from this earth. I loved him with all my heart n I always will, we were so close and shared a bond i have with no other sibling. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx O:o)
Babyvills Posts: 306
Hi Astrogirl I am so sorry for your loss I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my little brother too last September, he took his own life. As time passes I find it so hard to plan the wedding and feel happy knowing he wont be there. It still feels like he died yesterday. I hope your visit with Gareth goes well I would really appreciate it if you let me know how it goes. I am afraid to go to a medium incase I dont hear from my brother and also scared cos we dont know why he decided he couldnt go on but I would like to know. :action32
spritzer Posts: 625
Gareth told me that his own mother died suddenly a couple of months ago and that even though he misses her he knows she is ok. I found that comforting as i am missing my parents so much, especially Mam as she was my best friend and i feel lost without her :lvs Will you let us know how you get on :action31
boutiquebride Posts: 279
astro girl is gareth the the blind guy? I went to one in Trim -i think it was him and I found him so unbelievably bad he had to stop the reading. he was waaayyy off course. But i wouldnt give him any info either. I think hes a serious cold reader. I did go to one in navan i thought she was great O:o)
MrsAC Posts: 1190
hey astro girl , i hope you get some piece of mind from this and your brother comes thru , but if not dn't be to dis heartened , it mite be too soon for him esp cause you's were so close. be sure to let us know how you get on :action32