Anyone get a BFP with follie at approx 19mm?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

libramoon Posts: 2402
Hi girls I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance or even some hope will do! I had follie tracking last Friday on CD8 which showed 3 x 10mm follies so no dominant one yet. I was told to come back on Tuesday. So on Tuesday follie tracking showed a dominant follie at 17mm follie and I was told to come back in today for another scan and not to do the hcg trigger shot. The scan today shows I have already ov'd but doc said the egg "may have been a little small". Based on my calculations of how much the follie grew per day from Friday to Tuesday and the fact I think I ov'd yesterday I think the follie at ov would have been 19mm but that is just a guess (Napro expect it to be in the 20s). I know its good that I managed to ov with out the trigger and doc said I need more femara to help the follies grow but all the talk of the "next cycle" made me depressed :weep . So my question is for any of you IUI/IVF/TSI ladies did any of you get a BFP with a follie/follies that size? Any hope greatly appricated! LM x
katiemomma Posts: 2690
I had 2 follies I had one over 20 and one 19. I am pregnant with twins so I got pregnant with a follie of 19mm Fingers crossed for you libramoon
gottabfp Posts: 5641
I had 3 on Tsi, Now im trying to remember right but i took the trigger 2 days after my scan, I had 14mm and a 17mm and a 19mm.I took the trigger in the morning time so really it was only 1 day between them. Im with sims and they like to be around 18mm and thats what we aimed for each month. Fingers crossed for you x
Thanks for your replies girls :lvs. Great to hear the success stories. Another poster said something that is giving me hope too. She said that since I ov'd on my own without the trigger it sounds like the egg was mature enough so was ready to pop anyways. So that is making me feel better! Best of luck with your pregnancies and I hope I'll be joining you soon :)
ScissorsGirl Posts: 785
I had 2 follies one at 18 one at 20 so either side of that. Obviously can't tell which one was the lucky one but 19 is a decent size anyway. Best of luck libramoon x
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
Libramoon, I had a 18mm follie on my day12 scan on clomid cycle no.2. I took the trigger on day13, so maybe it grew to 19mm by then (who knows?!) and that was my lucky follie! Finger crossed for you hon, but it sounds good. don't read too much into their planning of the 'next' cycle. the docs and nurses (i think) assume that the present cycle won't work and are always looking ahead to the next one while we're still emotionally tied up in the present cycle. don't loose hope hon. Sending you loads of :babydust: :babydust: xxx
jess_gal2009, ScissorsGirl , thanks for your posts :lvs. I'm feeling a lot better about it all today. Sure I feel the nausea already so it must have worked :yelrotflmaosmilie: