Anyone going for a dress thats not white/ivory/gold etc?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sona sasta Posts: 585
Having no luck finding a dress and saw a pink one a bit like this one in Aphrodite in Limerick [img:2nkfwfwi]http://www.scarlettbrides.com/images/brides/brides_jan07/LR5008.jpg[/img:2nkfwfwi], Didnt try it on cos didnt have an appt but might go back again! Im blonde and wear pink a lot so think it might suit me, id say the oldies would be tut tutting though and im not sure what H2B would think so will probably go with white/ivory etc Was just wondering if anyone else is going for a different colour, if so why and how do you think your guests will react or do you care? :wv
xwishingx Posts: 600
Dont worry about what other people think, if its the one its the one, try it on and see. no matter what dress you wear somebody is bound to not like it and tut tut, its the same at every wedding, so I wouldnt worry. If a fab dress btw
blueswallow Posts: 1244
I started out looking for a coloured dress but ended up with an ivory one. Still love the idea of a coloured dress, though. Was in Taormina earlier this year and the church on the square is very popular for weddings. One bride I saw had dark hair and wore a pastel coffee-coloured dress and it was GORGEOUS. Really suited her. I reckon it really is down to what suits your colouring and your personal style.
katiemomma Posts: 2690
lovely style dress, love pink, i have an ivory dress though. go for what ever you like its your day! [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:2vjxbjb8]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;24/st/20090807/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/2fe1/event.png[/img:2vjxbjb8] [/url]
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
I love the idea but just not brave enough - not because of what anyone else wud think but that i would regret it in years to come. I think if you got to choose 2 dresses for the day id pick a wine one or a purple one as my second dress. Carla from coronation streets dress was gorgeous!!! I seen a maggie one in wine as well and it was just out of this world! But i wouldnt think anything other that what a beautiful bride if i seen one in a different colour dress. So if its what you want id def go for it.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I know know 2 girls - one had a black wedding dress and the other was red!! And no one batted an eyelid!! That dress your thinking off isnt too far from the norm anyway so I would say go for it!! Years ago people wore their Sunday best as their wedding outfit - it was only when Queen Victoria got married in white it set the trend. So I reckon that in another 10/20 years white will be unheard of!
shauna09 Posts: 9
hiya I tried this on in Bride2be in dundalk, its fab, but unfortunately didnt suit my colouring, but I did end up buying another Linea in black and cream, i got lots of advice here and decided what the hell ! Shauna
shiversmoy Posts: 635
My dress is gold but my second choice was pink. I didnt think at all about what others would say. If it's the one you want then I would definitely go for it. I think that dress is gorgeous.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
As others have said here it's your day and when you find the dress that's the one just go for it. Honestly it shouldn't matter what anybody else thinks. I love the dress though.
kitten_77 Posts: 826
i think pink is fab, its a nice change from the norm! mine is ivory but the skirt is "latte" which is dark ivory. One dress i absolutely loved was blush, it just wasn't available in Ireland or UK, otherwise i would prob have got it.