anyone got ocd?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nutcake Posts: 1168
i havent been diagnosed with obsessive complusive disorder but i know i must have it :-8 im obsessed with plugging out and turning off electrical things ie hair straghtner, iron, oven. and i barely bother lighting candles anymore as i obsess about wether i have blown them out. also at night i have to check the door is locked bout 5 times :-8 its so head wrecking O:| would love to know im not alone in my maddness >:o)
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Yeah I have a mild dose of it. Not for checking things are done like you but for keeping things straight etc. Like if our coffee table isn't running parallel to the planks in the wood floor I can't relax! Or if I put something down and say one corner of it is sitting on something so the whole thing is tilted I shiver and I have to fix it! Even if I try to tell myself it doesn't matter I always come back to it and fix it. Oh or another really weird thing is if I am using Excel in work and more than one cell is highlighted when I shut it down I absolutely have to open it back up again and "fix" it so only one cell is highlighted. Morto, I'm so weird! :-8
nasus Posts: 624
i sweep my floors at least 20 times a day....i cant sit still if the cushions on the sofa are crooked i actually sit freakin out if the kids are on the sofa waitin for them to get up so i can fix them...my blinds have to be parallel with the window handles...i collect fridge magnets and they have to be in order i know the minute i walk into the kitchen if someone has been at them.....my list goes on and on
come dine with me Posts: 306
Yep have some mild form of it id say!!I love to have an uneven number of things on table, mantlepiece and the likes?!?Nearly break the front door handle checking ive locked it, have ruined nights out asking to go home and check have turned off the iron, hairstraightener etc O:| Drives h2b mad and he has now started checking the door a bit like me he is soooo not impressed :eek
nutcake Posts: 1168
im not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its such a pain though wouldnt wish it on anyone O:|
annon2010 Posts: 1
hi nutcake you are defo not alone with this one! (had to go anon cos i think future SIL is on here too :-8 )
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
Does anyone wake with the line of a song in their head & you keep repeating it over and over and over in your head. wrecks my buzz majorly O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| heard its a form of OCD. David Beckham has OCD
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I think everyone has OCD to some extent. I have loads of things, would be here all day if I were to list them! :ooh One thing is that I have to have the volume on my radio on an even number at all times! :o0 Another one is when i go up the stairs I have to count each step in 4's, eg: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 etc! [b:1obk1x6c]WEIRD[/b:1obk1x6c] I know! :o0 Also if I'm walking down the street I prefer not to walk on the cracks on the footpath!! Bit like Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets! :o0
Ladybirds Posts: 445
Absolutely I have undiagnosed OCD. I have to get dressed a certain way - in a particular order. Right sock on before left sock, then right shoe, then left shoe. I can't, can't, can't do it the other way around. I wear a tunic for work and I have to brush my teeth before I put it on in case I spill toothpaste on it. Matching underwear - need I say more?! :eek Before I start the car I have to do my 'pre-flight checks' (as hubby calls it), so he prefers to drive, surprisingly! O:| I am really into symmetry (like matching items on either end of the mantle) and even numbers and I always know if something, like cushions, have been moved. :-8 My list goes on and on girls..... a total mental case!! :o0
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
We're all complete psychos! :o0 :eek :o0 :eek