anyone recommend a good pregnancy book

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

walnutwhip Posts: 26
hi folks We are TTC and i know its very presumtious of me but would like to get a book for when we get pregnant that will help us with any questions or queries during pregnancy?? Anyone recomendations?? cheers
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
the winner Posts: 4148
I second What to expect when your expecting its brilliant. Good Luck.. :wv :wv
gemini chica Posts: 2581
I have "What to expect when your expecting" and "Your pregnancy week by week" by Lesley Reagan and I prefer this one although they are both very good, Lesley's one is colourful with pictures and just easier to read. Play.com is a great website to order things as there is no delivery charges and they are always cheaper than other websites! http://www.play.com//ProductOutline.asp ... 631&r=BOOK
milis Posts: 7998
Ah feck. I want a walnut whip now. And I've just texted DH to bring me home a mars... can't text him again.
the winner Posts: 4148
[quote="Milis":mdxbc3e8]Ah feck. I want a walnut whip now. And I've just texted DH to bring me home a mars... can't text him again.[/quote:mdxbc3e8] Ah go on you can.. Its the only time in your life you can use "oh the baby wants in" lol
milis Posts: 7998
I've already sent the text The Winner. *hangs head in shame*
sunsparks Posts: 2196
For a funny guide, as a good alternative to the excellent What to Expect (when you get tired of the dry tone of that book), try Kaz Cooke's The Rough Guide to Pregnancy. Fabulously funny and a real world perspective on pregnancy! I also liked the Pregnancy Bible, which had beautiful photos, something I felt What to Expect was lacking.
wilmathebride Posts: 46
Sunsparks, I'd second the Rough Guide, it really makes you take things in perspective. I have the Miriam Stoppard book to which is great for really factual things but the rough guide is better for what to expect emotionally.
LMR Posts: 1925
I'm another fan of what to expect when you're expecting. Its very comprehensive