Are you taking H2Bs surname? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
I will be taking h2b's name and will change it as soon as I get home from honeymoon and can deal with the paper work. *)
mammybean Posts: 10364
oh for christ sake, it has been asked before but big bloody deal. maybe she wants to know how the people she interacts with now fee about it and not people a year ago. if we were all to do searchs instead of posting there would be nothing to read. Yes i will be taking his name and cant wait to do so.
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
there was a poll done on this in the last few weeks, i'll do a quick search and see if I can find it!! but anyway, back to the topic, i won't be taking my H2B's name!!
mollyg Posts: 441
Kind of agree with Beanie about doing same posts again..it's not a big deal...anyway am keeping my own name but if we are lucky enough to have children will have his name....Saying that think that most people will call you by his name regardless of what your choice is...a girl at work told me that it didn't matter what I felt or said, I would be a Mrs in the eyes of God...which you can imagine irritated me no end.........
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
ok, here's plenty of discussion in the last few days!! and hhere's one from a few weeks back i have to say I do find it annoying when the same posts pop up within a few days of each other, especially when they have been debated well and there are 4 or 5 pages on the exact topic
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
I haven't decided whether to change or not... kind of don't want to in one way, but would probably feel more married if I do IYKWIM! As regards the multiple posting issue, just don't bloody well read it if you recognise the topic from recently & feel that strongly about it.
lisa Posts: 1612
I know i'll sound a bit sarky here but dont read it if you dont want to!!! Title told you what was in post, nobody made you read it!!! Sorry again but it had to be said! Some people are new to site and may still not fully understand how it works!! I've been on it over a year and still havent figured it all out!!
graceface Posts: 3632
no option of double-barrelling both out names, im already double-barrelled... id end up with three names, and i dont much fancy sounding like some wierdo cousin from the house of windsor... :o0 :o0 Tamilla Constable-Windsor-Houghton or something...
sposaitaliana Posts: 138
where im living in italy, the woman always keeps her name and the children are called after the father, on the door bell for example the both names are marked, my h2b's mum would never be called mrs B when her family name is A. I talked to h2b a couple of tims about taking his name and he never seemed interested or excited. The 1 night we were in a restaurant and we started to talk about marriage and stuff, when I said to him about taking his name he told me that he didnt care if i took it or not, he stated it very strongly. about 5 mins later he told me that yes he wanted me to take his name, but now I dont know if I should take it or not. Like alot of other girls said it's much nicer if you have or will have children for everyone to have the same name.
Mama2 Posts: 1230
This is causing umcomfortable silences in our house at the moment. I'd rather keep my own name but H2B says that if I want the traditional wedding then I can't pick and choose the traditions. I think that he'd see it as an insult if I didn't take it. I think that I'll keep my own name for work and use his for other things. I suppose when we have kids it will just gradually become my name anyway.