Atonement

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I still havent seen the Atonement film, but just finished the book last night. I didnt really like it at the beginning - thought Briony was such a pain in the a*se (to put it eloquently :o0 ) - but then Igot really into it. Is the movie worth seeing? Or is it another case of the film ruining the book??
newkid30 Posts: 2233
I read the book a few years back and saw the movie when it came out. It was actually good, really well made. I loved the first section, it was really well done and quite suspenseful and evocative. I thought Kiera Knightley would be atrocious - not her biggest fan >:o) - but she was good. The girl that played the your Briony Saoirse Ronan is Irish, and a great young talent. She's also going to be in Peter Jacksons adaptation of the lovely bones!!
meeeeeow Posts: 1349
Sorry for the hijack but... are they making a movie of Lovely Bones?? Yay, I hope PJ does a good job because I love that book even though it made me ball :o(
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Love the book, I love all Ian McEwan. But I just couldn't stick seeing another film with Keira Knightley and her big horsey jaw one expression face.
[quote="KKranberry":jtzoxxrv]Love the book, I love all Ian McEwan. But I just couldn't stick seeing another film with Keira Knightley and her big horsey jaw one expression face.[/quote:jtzoxxrv] :o0 :o0 :o0 Hey Kkranberry, where you've been lately???
Hepburn Posts: 4081
[quote="KKranberry":3vqdoxri]Love the book, I love all Ian McEwan. But I just couldn't stick seeing another film with Keira Knightley and her big horsey jaw one expression face.[/quote:3vqdoxri] :o0 :o0 :o0 That is up there with Liam Gallagher referring to "Chris Martin and his gawky bird'".
Know what you mean about Knightly normally I won't go to see something if she's in it, but as incredible as it may sound she's convincing in it, and it pains me to say that. Also she wears the most amazing dress I've seen in a movie in years!
[quote="Squeek":30muog3t]Sorry for the hijack but... are they making a movie of Lovely Bones?? Yay, I hope PJ does a good job because I love that book even though it made me ball :o([/quote:30muog3t] I hink PJ is the only person who I would [i:30muog3t]trust [/i:30muog3t]to make the film, I can't visualise how he will do it? It's not due to be released until 2009!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380510/
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote:1g22motj]Hey Kkranberry, where you've been lately???[/quote:1g22motj] Just mad busy with work, and when i do have time I mostly potter around The Darkside! But its v quiet there today. How is you?
[quote="KKranberry":5lofu4a8][quote:5lofu4a8]Hey Kkranberry, where you've been lately???[/quote:5lofu4a8] Just mad busy with work, and when i do have time I mostly potter around The Darkside! But its v quiet there today. How is you?[/quote:5lofu4a8] Grand, thanks. Can only get into the DS at home, and have been too wrecked in the evenings to log on....isnt that sad???