Attn: sky Latern Nuts...i got a mail back

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sinful Posts: 956
[b:3qjtin5u]Morning, Yes it has started already :o0 I got a reply from a company in Thailand and they quoted me for 300 (i think i asked for 300 if not i asked for 500) laterns and also for p&p This is the email i got back:[/b:3qjtin5u] Option 1. Item number: MS-01-0049 x 200 units in white Product name: Sky lanterns of chiang mai, Thailand Description: Amaze yourself and your friends with our stunning floating sky lanterns of Chiang Mai in northern Thailand, the original sky lanterns of the Loy Krathong & Khom Loi Festival. Size : 48 CM X 90 CM Net weight of goods : 15 Kgs Gross weight of goods : 17 Kgs Sub total cost of goods : US$ 240.00 Shipping costs : US$ 222.00 Total cost : US$ 462.00 ( EUR 326.00 ) Total cost for your items includes packing of goods, insurance and delivery to your address. We will require up to 30 days for leadtime and delivery by SAL. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Option 2. Item number: MS-01-0049 x 200 units in white Product name: Sky lanterns of chiang mai, Thailand Description: Amaze yourself and your friends with our stunning floating sky lanterns of Chiang Mai in northern Thailand, the original sky lanterns of the Loy Krathong & Khom Loi Festival. Size : 48 CM X 90 CM Net weight of goods : 15 Kgs Gross weight of goods : 17 Kgs Sub total cost of goods : US$ 240.00 Shipping costs : US$ 120.00 Total cost : US$ 360.00 ( EUR 254.00 ) Total cost for your items includes packing of goods, insurance and delivery to your address. We will require up to 90 days for leadtime and delivery by SAL. Just to give you an idea as to what happens with the lanterns, after the rolled wax paper burner is lit and has filled the lantern with hot air, just release gently and let the lantern float up into the sky. The wax paper will eventually burn itself out and then the lantern will float gently back down to earth extinguished. Instructions will be supplied for release and also for safety. The lanterns will generally float from between 10 -15 minutes. If you wish to purchase these items please contact me via e-mail and I will forward you a reference number and details on payment. We can offer payments either by Paypal, credit card via our secure online payment system or payment directly to our bank. In the meantime, If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me, best regards, Mr Barry Hope
Actually it looks like they only quoted me for 200 sorry Any way total price is €326 if we get them in 30days that works out @ 1.63 per Lantern 50= 81.50 100=163 Total price €254 if we got them in 90days that works out @ 1.27 per Lantern 50=63.50 100=127 What you think of the price???
gerbil Posts: 3528
maybe this is a silly question but when they come back to earth, won;t they be littering the place?? Was involved in a thing once that looked into releasing these as a publicity stunt but it was rejected because of the damage to the environment, or so we were told.....
Well i was going to organise someone to gather them up when they come back down, they dont go far so shouldnt be a major problem. You can get waxed paper and reuse them again i was told. i want to keep mine anyway so i dont think its littering
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
:-8 sorry I actually thought this was a joke.
gerbil Posts: 3528
[quote="SinfulBeatch":1okrk060]Well i was going to organise someone to gather them up when they come back down, they dont go far so shouldnt be a major problem. You can get waxed paper and reuse them again i was told. i want to keep mine anyway so i dont think its littering[/quote:1okrk060] that's cool, they should look lovely !
Bubski Posts: 1785
If you have the money go for it. Personally I would spend it on drinks or food but thats my budget.
May09Bride Posts: 1050
I love the idea of the Sky lanterns, its the poor mans fire works (no offence intended) I would love them too, maybe give one to each lady at your reception and let them all make wishes... brilliant! :o)ll :o)ll
Hey lil-star u see mine too
Valkstar Posts: 2747
That sounds alright to me - I'm looking for 50, and the 90 days suits me. If you're going ahead with it, I'll send you the money. *)