Baby movements

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DiamondWife Posts: 1347
Hi girls baby has been very quiet since yesterday defo movement but not as much as normal - did the cold water, fizzy drink, lie down tricks and did get a few movements but no definate kicks up about an hour and haven't felt anything concrete despite brekkie, tea and cold drink should i be concerned or do you think baby has just engaged at this stage and is so far down its hard to feel it??? :-8 any advice would be appreciated
eled Posts: 713
You should have at least 10 movements in 12 hours. I had a trace done yesterday to check the movements as my LO had slowed down a lot too so thats the guideline I was given. They said if you are in anyway worried go to hospital and they will check you out.
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
I'm no where near where you are with gestation but from talking to my best pal over the weekend about baby movements, she said in the last 2 weeks, both her boys barely moved, probably because they've no room to actually move! So perhaps thats it, but as the other poster said, if your worried, ring your consultant
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
if your in any way worried at all go to maternity for a trace, no hesitation. they will tell you that themselves. baby does slow down when their ready though, but to put your mind at ease go in and good luck!
Daff Posts: 11644
baby does slow down but I'd call hospital just in case - most likely they'll ask you to pop in for a trace. Won't take long and you'll feel so much better once it's done. DD went very quiet about 3 weeks before she arribed and I'd a trace done - also two days before shse was born I was calling them worried. that time they told me not to worry and wait and see if I got any more, if I didn't in an hour I'd to go in but DD kicked off then after that.
DiamondWife Posts: 1347
hi girls thank a mill for the replies - i rang doc and she said to monitor it for the next hour and if i was still unsure to come in - lo and behold babs started movin like a mad thing :o)ll no kicks but defo squirming away in there :o)ll these last two weeks are almost as bad as the 2ww at the start with all the worries thanks again :thnk
feb26 Posts: 122
hi girls,i am also 38 weeks today and movements have seriousley slowed down in the last couple of days.i was worried but everyone says this happens in the last couple of weeks.every now and then i feel a movement but nothing like the constant movements of a few weeks ago