Berkertex bridal second thoughts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Nat2010 Posts: 141
Hi girls! Just wanted to your opinion on this. I bought my dress from Berkertex back in June everything was fine. Due to one thing or another one of my bridesmaids hasnt seen my dress. Found out earlier in the week that we were both off today I was delighted! Rang and explained the situation to the shop asked would there be any chance I could come in and quickly try the dress on just so she could see it. They were very little and help and basically said a weekday is better suited to that anyway left it at that wasnt going to start arguing about it. So anyway we decided to go to town and get the bm's shoes today so headed into town and parked in Jervis street I kinda got a brain-wave to call into the shop see if it was busy and if it wasnt i could ask if one of the girls could do me a favour and let me try the dress on. Went into the shop there were 2 girls in 2 of the 3 dressing rooms it was 12.40 and I heard one of the brides to be saying that they were ok and they were going to go to their next appointment and she was heading into get changed to leave, so when I heard that i thought great I'll ask if there was any chance to try it on before the next appointment (or at any other point during the afternoon) so one of the girls working there came over to me i explained everything and asked. i got a flat out no, i explained i would be 5/10 mins max. and that my sister (who was there also) could help me in the dress. again point blank no she hardly said sorry or anything. I was mortified. I would have been fine if she had of been a bit nicer and maybe asked if there was another time that would suit to make an sppointment but nothing she made me feel like crap. I feel like its now that they have my money i am at their mercy. Am i over-reacting? sorry for the rant :thnk
bling2010 Posts: 535
I don't think thats very fair to be honest. It would have taken you 5 mins to try on the dress and show your friend. I went there to look at dresses and was not at all impressed with the lady that helped me. I think when you are spending any amount of money on a dress the least they could do is try to accomodate you. I bought my dress elsewhere recently and the lady was so nice and said i can come back and try on the sample dress as often as i like - if i want to show friends or just want to have another look. I would not be happy being treated like that at all!!
bridey99 Posts: 550
No I don't think you over reacted. It was rude of the salesperson not to even try to accommodate you. It would have taken 10 mins maximum for you to try the dress on. There are loads of threads about snotty bridal shop staff here, there is no need for it. I know Saturdays are busy and they have appointments but come on, I'd say most brides have had to wait for a few mins here and there around their appointment times. I know if I had an appt and you were there and just wanted to try your dress on it wouldn't bother me at all to wait 10 mins. If I were you I'd ring them on Monday and tell them you've seen your dress online for €400 cheaper than their price and are considering pulling out from their sale. So what can they do for you?
DiamondDaisy Posts: 147
I saw a lovely dress in this shop when I was looking first but was put off buying it as they have the RUDEST sales staff ever!!! The blonde botoxed lady at the front counter is without doubt the crabbiest, rudes person....despite some other quite nice staff, this lady was just so domineering and so very rude......I would not, under any circumstances, give them the business.
Yeah I would love to do that but i have paid €700 deposit so i would be afraid they would just say ok off you go plus. I think the designer is exculsive to them. I think i should send a letter to their head office I am so angry still over 6 hours later. That was my point 5 or 10 mins is all it would have taken and I would have been so grateful!
It's so frustrating isn't it?! You would think they know better that customer service is so important!! They should also know better in terms of word of mouth and how reports of bad service will do them no favours at all! It is your absolute right and perogative to send them a letter. I would send it to the store manager in the shop in Jervis rather than the UK office.
december bride 09 Posts: 106
Hi, I totally agree - i bought my dress there too and only the designer was exclusive to the shop i would have went elsewhere. They have been nothing but rude and unhelpful since i put down the deposit. Completely dismissive and unflexible. avoid at all costs
Wouldn't you think that in the 'current climate' they'd be trying to protect and grow their business? And mind their reputation? I just think it's so unneccessary....good manners cost nothing!
december bride 09 Posts: 106
I know completely ridiculous!!! I am very annoyed with them today mainly about my dress fitting just so un accommodating. I certainly won't be recommending them.
hi december bride 09 were u in there today too? To be honest i think the girl i spoke to today was the manager hence i thought it might be best to go to the head office. at this stage if they would give me back my deposit or even half of it i would gladly just take it back and go to a shop with a bit of customer service, I've nearly 6 months i'd easily get another dress. My dress is a bodice and a skirt too so they look nothing like the dress on. I was left holding the bodice in one hand and the skirt in the other trying to show it to my bridesmaid..who is my h2b's sister...disaster!