Bfp after erpc- First Response still faint +?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

footprints Posts: 49
Girls I'm still no further on, Ive had af for last 7 days not usual af but brown/dark red but mostly only when wipe (sorry for the tmi) Bleed/spotting completely gone since yesterday. Have used three diff types of hpts over the last 2 weeks and all three are STILL giving a VERY faint positive, first response gives a faint line to begin with and the line seems to darken after an hour or so???????? I must have done 20 hpts in the last 14days and all are giving the same faint positive. I know I need to go to GP but she's not back til Monday so wondered if ANYONE has any experience of HPTs giving faint faint bfps and not getting any darker??? Or anyone have a chemical pregnancy and still have faint bfp after bleed?? I thought if it was a chemical the line would be gone by now? I was scanned after erpc and told they had got everything so it cant be that but could it be hcg from last pregnancy still in my system 35days after erpc and 7 days after Af?? Sorry for the long ramble.....just so confused :o( Hi girls, I wonder if anyone has been in a similar situation. I had a mmc exactly 28 days ago (was 13wks). Got very faint bfp wednesday and this morning however began spotting yesterday. Spotting is brown and only very slight. Am so confused, could it be hcg from last pregnancy or a new pregnancy? I know only time will tell me am driving myself crazy here and was wondering if anything similar has happened to any of you girls? Thanks xxx
amimad Posts: 99
HI Footprints, i couldn't post and not reply. I don't have any advice for you, i am really sorry about you mmc and I hope you get the news you want. :lvs :lvs :lvs I'll say a prayer for you and and ask archangel Micheal to watch over you and keep you safe.
Thanks so much amimad, really appreciate your kindness xxx forgot to say on original post, I spotted for a few days after op and have had nothing since.
sunny1 Posts: 995
Hi footprints, sorry to hear about your mc, hope you're doing ok! After my erpc I was getting positive tests for about 2 weeks after, with the line getting weaker all the time. I think I ovulated about 2 and half to 3 weeks after procedure as I had ewcm and pos opk and AF came exactly 5 weeks after erpc. So the reality is you could definitely be pregnant if you were having unprotected sex couple of weeks after erpc. I'm sorry I'm no help in that I'm not sure what's the longest amount of time hcg can actually stay in the system. I'd have thought it'd be gone 28 days later but I dont know for sure. I hope it turns out the way you want it to footprints x
Thanks Sunny1, sorry for your loss also x It's the not knowing that's getting to me today! If it were a true bfp I would be over the moon obviously however part of me thinks one af would be better to allow the body to go back to 'normal'. I didn't chart or do any opks and I didn't try or not try this month, just said what's meant for us will be. Am now regretting this as the faint bfp and spotting is messing with my mind! Will just have to have patience and see what happens. Thanks so much for the replies girls x
cindarellawoman Posts: 390
Footprints, I'm sorry for you loss. I also had a MMC but never took pg tests after as I waiting for AF. As far as I know, once you ovulate, your HCG should go back to zero, I remember reading that somewhere, I would contact your GP or if you have health insurance, contact the VHI nurse (or alternative), I found them very helpful, take care
Shopgirl 1 Posts: 660
Keeping my fingers crossed you get some information soon footprints, you have been through too much to be dealing with this limbo again. xx
Shopgirl 1 Posts: 660
Keeping my fingers crossed you get some information soon footprints, you have been through too much to be dealing with this limbo again. xx
Thanks braut and cinderellawoman, appreciate you replies xx Just to update, spotting has got much heavier(sorry tmi) butits gone from brown spotting to black/wine red although still not heavy. Did hpt again this am and line is slightly darker than yesterday am also have some preg symptoms I had last time so I'd say am experiencing a chemical pregnancy. Maybe natures way of making sure my body takes time to heal. Thanks for all your support girls xoxo
Doctor from epc rang today to say they discovered it was a partial molar pregnancy and I was to come in asap to talk to them. Anyone been through this? Google makes for some very scarey Reading.