Blabby SIL

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

breeze Posts: 1175
>:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( I have one of these. Just got congratulations from someone i dont really know, but she knows well, about our news. Dont get me wrong we are delighted and dont mind telling friends and family, but she is telling everyone sight. We have an 11 yr old who would know some of the people she would know, from the local GAA club, and thats were most of her friends are. Im worried now that he will find out of one of the lads that he is gonna have a new brother or sister. She just cant keep anything to herself and i have had enough, theres other thinngs that have happened that i cant go into but im just so flipping mad. >:o( >:o( Sorry rant our, chocolate should make me feel better though :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
I feel your pain - someone close to me blabbed to a 3rd party who posted the congrats on my facebook wall. I have relations and work friends who didnt know I was pregnant and then it was written on facebook for all the world to see! Its very annoying. Or whats worse is when you tell someone youre pregnant and they pretend to be surprised and then admit they had been told previously by one of your friends - one of my friends did this, spent the whole night going 'Pregnant? Oh my GOD, what GREAT news, I CANT believe it!'....only to confess hours later he had known for a few days through one of the guys on his football team!
randomusername Posts: 2134
Would you not tell your son yourself before someone gets to him first? Did you tell your sil that you hadn't mentioned it to your children yet and therefore didn't want anyone else knowing?
Thanks for the replies girls. [quote="watermelonbelly":2vcxayoj]Would you not tell your son yourself before someone gets to him first? Did you tell your sil that you hadn't mentioned it to your children yet and therefore didn't want anyone else knowing?[/quote:2vcxayoj] I thought i could trust her with this but seems not. ON ds2 she kept quiet, so i dont know what she at. There is alot more behind this as i mentioned b4. Spoke to DH last night and he said we should tell him, maybe hs is right, knowing ds he will probably forget it as soon as i tell him. LOL men :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Tess72 Posts: 1173
Some people just have huge mouths and love gossip. An hour after DH told one of his friends we were expecting (told him when I was about 11 wks to explain why we couldn't make his wedding abroad) DH was getting messages from people in different time zones that he hadn't spoken to in months congratulating us! We hadn't even told DH's parents at that stage. Keep her out of the loop the next time if you can.
Oh this is the third and last baby for us. We, well i, wont ever tell her anything again.