Body Sculpture BM 1500 Power Plate

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happilyeverafter Posts: 299
Hi there, I have bought this machine after reading so much in magazines where celebs have used them and swear by them. I used it for the first time last nite and can definetly say i agree with them it defo maximises the workout. However i have one question for anyone who is familiar with it, in the booklet that came with the machine it shows how to do various exercises such as squats/lunges etc. Im just wondering am i supposed to do one squat/lunge etc and hold for the duration of the vibrations or do several during the vibrations??? Im not really sure and would prefer to do it correctly from the beginning. Apologies if this is a really stupid question. Thanks HEA
joanna Posts: 170
hiya i have just seen ur post on this now, how are u getting on with the powerplate, did u buy the real deal or an imitation one?? let me know, very interested in this !! thanks a mil joanna
Hi Joanna, Im not sure if mine is the real deal or imitation - its name is in the post title. I got it from Elverys Sports. I had read about it in magazines - celebs raving about it. I googled it about a yr ago and found it in Boots in Uk for £500. For some strange reason last fri i thought about it and i googled it again and found it in Elverys marked down to €199.99 (normally €250.00). I can defo recommend it - i have used it mon and tue adn feeling it in my legs, arms and abs now as i did far too much and pushed myself too far. I didnt use it yest and prob wont use it today as i am aching after it. Wil prob use it again tomor. I also go on threadmill for 10 mins power walking after it (Burnin 100 cals) and stepper for 5mins as well as doing 100 crunches on sides, upper n lower. I defo find my workout alot more effective and intense since using it. Hubby has started using it too and finds it very good. Hope ive been some help to you.
Daddys Girl Posts: 267
WOW €200! BT's stock "POWER PLATE" and they start from €5,000 anywhere to €15,000! I have used these a good few times and I think they are excellent! You do a position e.g lunge and hold it for 45-60 second, sometimes you can hold it for 75-90 seconds depending! I found it great, it really toned me up, going to start back at it next week!!
[quote="ABC123":2cyuqreq]I have used these a good few times and I think they are excellent! You do a position e.g lunge and[b:2cyuqreq] hold [/b:2cyuqreq]it for 45-60 second, sometimes you can hold it for 75-90 seconds depending! I found it great, it really toned me up, going to start back at it next week!![/quote:2cyuqreq] Hi ABC123 were you shown how to use the power plate correctly??? As i have been told to a) hold the squat/lunge for duration of vibration and b) to do several reps for duration of vibration I had been doing one lunge/squat and holding it for duration. Also in my booklet it says you can do ab crunches - i presume you do several reps of this??? Rather than doing one and holding??? Or am i wrong Please advise me if you know how to use it correctly, as the booklet wasnt very helpful. Thanks
joanna Posts: 170
so are these powerplates for 200 euro the same as the ones for 5k, i mean do they work the same? my brother has one and he finds it good.... he got a good one think he paid a cuple of grand for it, pity he lives far from me or i could get on his ye know.... so tell me a bit more. do u really think they are good ??
venus08 Posts: 104
i've been googling this quite a bit, as i've been interested in getting one of these for months but didnt think they were available at such a good price. apparently the more expensive ones are more durable for all-day use in gyms. this type of power plate is just as good and gives the same results. i'm off to buy one today! will let you know how i get on in a few days when my muscles are aching!! :o0
Pash Posts: 50
has anyone any updates on this machine? really interested in buying it but have read such mixed reports on the effects/advantages?
venus08 Posts: 104
Well I've had mine just over a week and I can definitely feel the benefits so far. My legs, bum and stomach are definitely being worked. What are the disadvantages that you've heard of?
Pash Posts: 50
ah they weren't really disadvantages as such, more like pointing out that its not a magic cure and you can't expect a few vibrations to make you acutally lose the weight etc. I was just wondering if its good for toning though myself as I have a treadmill anyway, just getting a little bored on that...sounds like its working for you anyway then!