Menu

Bord Gais does my head in AGAIN

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Chocolatebuttons Posts: 369
Im so [b:1djrk3d7]SICK[/b:1djrk3d7] of Bord Gais and their billing system!! Every time i get a bill its bloody estimated, always incorrect so I have to go and look up the correct number from the meter and ring them. Then this time they say oh sorry about that [b:1djrk3d7]again[/b:1djrk3d7], we wont estimate it again and we'll send out another bill. Amended bill arrives today and its WRONG AGAIN! What is so hard about it, I used 2 units, yes 2 not 65!!! I never turn heating on unless its minus 25 outside so all i am going to pay is my standing charge, tax, vat etc. What really annoys me is all the people they are probably screwing because they don't go through their bills with a fine tooth comb like me :-8 Robbing, thieving, no good ba****ds Rant over, feel better now.
Daff Posts: 11644
I know when my billing date is and just log on online with a reading jut before bill is due. Have never had a problem doing it this way.
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Yup I submit online meter readings too
groovee Posts: 529
Stupid question but - how do you check the units used?? I'm probably getting ridden too but never realised!
you should have a meter somewhere? probable beside your ESB meter. Ours is just outside our front door.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Oh I must look at our bill. We've said our last 2 have been very high (never were this high with ESB so thinking of switching back). Maybe they are just estimating also and we stupidly just pay them O:| O:| O:| O:|
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Girls is this for electricity or gas or both? We have switched to bord gais for leccy (don't have gas) but never even looked at bill TBH! :-8 Will definitely check it our now though.
i do online readings for both PW. Usually they'll only do 2/3 actual readings a year themswelves and estimate the rest.