Bought my dress today!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Evening Wollies! Picked my dress and paid my deposit today! I put up a poll a week or so ago asking your advice on my top three and I picked dress number three, the one you all seemed to like the most! It's a Venus Woman dress, got it in Ruben Bridal in Calverstown. It should be in by January and then I go for my fittings. Woo! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Have also picked and booked my veil in the same shop as the dress today. It's a single tier, elbow length veil, with some sparkles scattered on it. The dress is very simple so I thought I'd bling up the veil a bit! Have my shoes, bought them a couple of months ago and they match the dress almost exactly, they're a shade darker just, but you'd hardly notice that and anyway, they're under the dress so no-one will see. My sister also lent me her tiara to wear and it matches the brooch/decoration on my dress almost exactly! It has crystals and cubic zirconia in it, same as on my dress. Couldn't believe it! She got it specially designed and made for her wedding a few years ago and it cost an absolute fortune and has been sitting in her closet every since, so she wanted me to have it. It's gorgeous and will double as my 'something borrowed'. So, just to be a big show off, here's everything: Dress, shoes, tiara. Don't have a pic of my veil. [attachment=4:jbt20f0q]Venus dress sweetheart neckline front bigger.jpg[/attachment:jbt20f0q] [attachment=3:jbt20f0q]DSC00789.JPG[/attachment:jbt20f0q] [attachment=2:jbt20f0q]DSC00790.JPG[/attachment:jbt20f0q] [attachment=1:jbt20f0q]DSC00767.JPG[/attachment:jbt20f0q] [attachment=0:jbt20f0q]DSC00768.JPG[/attachment:jbt20f0q]
Topsecretbride Posts: 147
Ah congrats SmileyKaz, its such a huge decision isn't it but I think you made a fab choice, its absolutely gorgeous! I :lvs it
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
Well done Smileykaz, it is a gorgeous dress,well wear :o)ll :o)ll
Elphaba Posts: 741
AWwwwwwwwwwwwh congrats,its a FAB dress!!! :)
pudlow Posts: 343
Congrats, a very exciting day.
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
Ah well done SmileyKaz! Such an exciting time, everytime you think about your dress from now on you'll get so excited! Dress is beautiful, all your other accessories are perfect!
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
woohoo great feeling eh??? :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Awwww fabulous SmileyKaz!!The whole lot is just gorgeous!!!Congratulations!!
buddylove Posts: 3288
whoo hoo... Well done smileykaz. Thats the dress i chose. I love it!! You will look gorgeous! Off topic a little bit and i thought it last week when you put up the poll but didnt want to take the spotlight from the question you had BUT does anyone else think the model is like tanya from eastenders!
ItsOK Posts: 849
its fab smileykaz, congrats :o)ll You've been edging towards that from the start! Its so so similiar to mine, just a different designer!