break away near dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Hi Girls, I am the big 30 the week before due babs., to celebrate we are thinking of taking a weekend away a few weeks before when on mat leave, I am going to the Rotunda so needs to be in driving range so about 1-2 hrs away max so thinking Wexford area etc. I defo want a spa and somewhere nice and couply that you wouldnt really bring kids as Mam is minding DS. Any ideas really want to treat myself. THanks Dora
coconut Posts: 2183
brooklodge is in wicklow about an hour or more drive from dub!! it is fab there! i went with a friend for her birthday and it is so beautiful and there was also alot of pregnant women there!!!
zoesmama Posts: 2774
seconding that Dora - Brooklodge is lovely and the food fab too.
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
Oh Dora, if its a big birthday what about the Ritz carlton in Powerscourt??? I went there this summer with my mam after miscarriage and wow it was amazing-once in a life time kinda weekend away and sometimes they have really good deals on! Its only 20 mins from Tallaght area
sumjul08 Posts: 107
Hi Dora, How about Johnstown House Hotel (Marriott) in Enfield? They have a lovely spa and do mums to be packages and have some nice treatments for himself too. Food is lovely and they also have a nice big pool. It's a straight run from the N4 and is only about 40 mins from liffey valley
cavanmum Posts: 211
Hi Dora, How about Killashee house in Naas. The rooms are amazing, Food is fab and the spa is heavenly. It is very close to Dublin as well.
Elegance Posts: 2848
Hi Dora - I can second the Ritz Carlton - midweek they have amazing offers on suites! Total luxury. My dh brought me there when we got engaged. Also, went to Marriott in Enfield last Valentines and again got a great deal for 2 nights, 1 dinner... really lovely One other to suggest is Seafield hotel in Gorey. Its about an hour to dublin - I got married there and its so beautiful and the spa is to die for! Its a lovely idea and one I might steal myself nearer my due date!
Maybump Posts: 527
My DH got me a weekend away in Monart in wexford. It was amazing really relaxing. A bit pricy but worth every penny especially for your birthday. Lots of treartments for mam and dads to be! www.monart.ie [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:7q46dt6s]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;96/st/20090426/dt/5/k/cf9a/preg.png[/img:7q46dt6s] [/url]
Barbara Ann Posts: 1032
Hi Dora I just got back from the Slieve Russell hotel today and it was gorgeous. We originally had a standard room booked but they rang last week to say if we wanted to stay the Sunday night too there was a special offer on but because of we were both due in work today we said no thank you, but i asked was it possible to have some extra pillows in the room becuse I'm eight months pregnant. When we arrived we were informed by reception that we had been upgraded to a Superior room. The room was gorgeous and everything in the Hotel was lovely. I'm definately going to book this hotel again after the baby arrives. We ended uo stayin the extra night because of the snow not that we needed too much persuasion. Its about 2 1/2 hrs drive from Dublin so its not too far away. Have a ball where ever you go. :wv