Breech on first baby - at what stage did your baby turn?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

venusflower Posts: 73
Hi Girls Just looking for advise. I am 34 + 5 day and baby is breech - right up in rib cage. Doc reckons it wont move down into place and is planning a section for me? Will confirm at 36wks Just wondering can yee advise at what stage did any of your babies who were breech turn or do I give up hope? Cheers.
allexcitednow Posts: 654
Hey My baby was breech up to last week 31 weeks and everyone was freaking me out saying that the baby should have turned. Had a mini scan yesterday and head is down. I was at my ante natal class last week and the mid wife said the baby can turn up to the last few hours before going into labour. and thats what happening my sister-in-law. Dont worry the baby could turn before you get near the hospital. I was watching a baby programme on the baby chanel (strangly enough) and they recommended nealing on all fours for about 10-20 mins everyday coz it gives baby more room and might encourage it to turn - simple exercise - maybe ask midwife or doc about it
MrsK07 Posts: 454
I heard that on some pregnancy programme too and add some hip rocking and circling to it as well. Best of Luck. Turn baby, turn.
chocaddict Posts: 344
Hi there, My baby was breech but turned at 31 weeks too
mariac Posts: 982
hi - i have read that using a gym ball every day may help the baby to turn - you can buy them in dunnes for less than €10 i think
chefmaid Posts: 2426
My sister was breech on her last one and the doc told her about getting on the floor on your hands and knees for 30 mins everyday and also using a gym ball... It worked and the baby turned..