Brown Sugar Makeup

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

excited_bride Posts: 68
Hi, Anyone know who would be the best person/people to request for make-up in Brown Sugar thanks
aurora Posts: 1629
i'd say paula callan o'keefe who owns the place - but I haven't tried anyone else. she might be on maternity leave now though. someone i know raved about derrick carberry in there.
SummerDays Posts: 665
I didnt realise there was choice Are you going there for wedding makeup?
excited_bride Posts: 68
Not sure about wedding make-up yet. Was thinking of getting make-up lesson there.
aurora Posts: 1629
i'm getting my wedding makeup & hair done by them - had the trial and it was really good and they're lovely in there.
icyqueen Posts: 23
I've booked them for the day of my wedding, its costing €50. Is that a normal price, i really never know with these things? I went in a couple of weeks ago, used the word wedding, and got quoted €75, then when I rang today just booking a make up application it was €50. I've also booked an appointment for the saturday before, which can be my trial. Dearbhla is going to be doing mine. Would love to hear other peoples experiences of there anyway. I had wanted to book Mac in BT, as I've gone there before for a make up lesson when i had a voucher thingy but unfortunately they're all booked up already.
mrs celtickitten Posts: 877
does anyone know how much they charge for both hair and make up? Celtic
Noeleys Girl Posts: 109
Have PM'd you icyqueen
strictly_casual Posts: 66
[quote:3prvpcnm]I've booked them for the day of my wedding, its costing €50. Is that a normal price, i really never know with these things? I went in a couple of weeks ago, used the word wedding, and got quoted €75, then when I rang today just booking a make up application it was €50. I've also booked an appointment for the saturday before, which can be my trial.[/quote:3prvpcnm] That's mad that they charge a different price for wedding make-up application. :shock: Am planning to go there on the morning of my wedding to get them to do my hair and makeup and book in for a trial in advance. Thanks for the tip! :)
terribride Posts: 627
I'll also be getting my hair and make-up done there for my wedding. I got my make-up done twice (By Paula and Derek) there and I felt like a million dollars walking out of the salon. Anyway here's their website there's a pricelist on it http://www.brownsugar.ie/