bump after shrinking i think!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsb09 Posts: 1292
hi all im nearly 23 weeks gone and my bump seems to have got smaller. a few people have said it to me too. its my second pregnancy. im having kicks but just wondering all the same.. maybe babs has moved or something. has this happened to anyone else?? thks for reading.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
why dont you measure it? i think midwives measure from pubic bone to top of uterus which you should be able to feel about an inch above your belly button. it should coincide with the weeks you are. might give you reassurance. but i think maybe babs has turned into diff pos, maybe was transverse and is now either head or bum down. does it feel different?? are you getting kicks in different position that would indicate a movement of baby?
theoracle Posts: 7664
I wouldn't go by other people's observations, it could be as simple as what you were wearing that day made your bump look smaller/bigger. Now if you genuinely believe your bump is somehow smaller, unless you have lost weight I don't see baby moving position at this early stage would make a huge impact, as babs is only about 10-11 inch long. I mean movement might affect shape of your bump but there wouldn't be an owerwhelming shrinkage. Have you noticed difference in clothes or why did you conclude that the bump is smaller?
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="theoracle":1189c466]I wouldn't go by other people's observations, it could be as simple as what you were wearing that day made your bump look smaller/bigger. Now if you genuinely believe your bump is somehow smaller, unless you have lost weight I don't see baby moving position at this early stage would make a huge impact, as babs is only about 10-11 inch long. I mean movement might affect shape of your bump but there wouldn't be an owerwhelming shrinkage. Have you noticed difference in clothes or why did you conclude that the bump is smaller?[/quote:1189c466] ah the voice of reason! yes my bump looks drastically different in different clothes!! thats much better explanation!!
mrsb09 Posts: 1292
thks for the replies. i just feel myself smaller or maybe i am just smaller this time than first pregnancy!!!i am feeling kicks low down which all my kicks were up high before this. there is movement and i dont feel like anything is wrong. meeting consultant next wednesday so will have it all checked at scan. thks again ladies