Bump band recommendations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jjewel Posts: 691
Thinking of getting myself one or two bump bands, belly is starting to grow a bit and have a family occasion in a few weeks - have trousers I want to wear with a long top but think I'll nee to leave the buttons open by then. Just wondering if anyone can recommend bump bands - are some brands/shops better than others for them, or are they fairly standard?
keabea Posts: 148
NewLook do a three pack of bump bands - black, white & grey, which are really reasonable and work fine. You can also buy single bands in Top Shop in black and white, which i also bought, and these are good too. Using these, i was able to wear my normal jeans & work trousers for the first few of months - wore them open with an elastic band or hair bobbin threaded through the button hole, and the bump bands are great for hiding this.
redrobin Posts: 428
I had Belly Belts but didn't really get a lot of use out of them. Luckily they were borrowed from my SIL. I found the button kept popping out and it didn't feel very safe. Ended up putting a safety pin in to secure it in place. I think just a length of elastic with safety pins would do the trick.
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
They are the best thing i bought through my entire pregnancy! I got a black and a white size 8/10 (i'm normally a 10) in Mama's & Papa's for €16 each. I still wear them nearly every day! You can get them off Asos aswel *)
katgirl Posts: 1258
[quote="keabea":2y6qqgty]NewLook do a three pack of bump bands - black, white & grey, which are really reasonable and work fine. You can also buy single bands in Top Shop in black and white, which i also bought, and these are good too. Using these, i was able to wear my normal jeans & work trousers for the first few of months - wore them open with an elastic band or hair bobbin threaded through the button hole, and the bump bands are great for hiding this.[/quote:2y6qqgty] +1 new look ones are fab €12 for 3pk , i leave my trs open or with bobbins around button and feel lovely and secure with the belly band over them ive gotten a lot longer out of my regular jeans because of these
jjewel Posts: 691
Thanks all, will have a look in New Look at the weekend. My mum was in Mamas and Papas today and asked there - they didnt have the size I wanted but the shop assistant told her she'd probably get better ones in Next or Zara ! Not very good for business!
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
:-8
rhonda Posts: 35
i agree - those belly belts are great too. do a special - 2 bellybands and bellybelt for €55 - great buy. got some more of the bellybands in new look too - definitely great.
TurtleBaby1 Posts: 693
Bump bands - total life saver, I am 32 weeks and I still get use out of them. I got a pack of two (one black and one white) on line at littlewoods Ireland. they are now on sale.
veggie1 Posts: 30
i got the top shop one in black in s/m, i could not have survived the last few months without it. it was gift. you only need one though don't buy too many. i just used it for work trousers and some of my regular non maternity jeans. definitely get one, top shop one is 8 euro.