can I still conceive??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

summerhappy Posts: 64
hi girls, off the pill since last Dec and period irratic ever since, the longest was 35 days untl March when it all went haywire. I went to the the doc when i receached day 50 and no AF. Evnetally it came (lightly) on day 65. Now im on day 93..... does anyone know if I could still get pregnant during this cycle. Im due to go for tests in October to Rotunda about this.. I know im clueless.... Very disheartened
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Hi summerhappy, So sorry to hear that, ttc is stressful enough with this added worry. Was a little confused about ur post - if you got your period on day 65, then that would be the start of your next cycle (day 1), so you'd be at day 27 now not 93, is that right or have i got it all wrong??!! Let me know and i'll give u my thoughts anyway, for all they're worth :)
summerhappy Posts: 64
hi Mrs Peg, im on day 93. I counted the light one as an AF - so basically since March I have had one AF. your thoughts would be much appreciated...
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Thanks for clearing that up - crikey, what long cycles. It sounds to me like you're not ovulating regularly - you'd need to get this confirmed with your gp though. This is common enough after coming off the pill, as this suppresses ovulation. If you're not ovulating regularly, then pregnancy will be more difficult to achieve. Sounds like you're going the right way about it - if it's confirmed you're not ovulating regularly, they'll probably prescribe a drug called clomid, which should regulate this. Don't worry about it though, it can all be regulated for you. Lots of women get pregnant this way. You might want to start charting your cycles aswell, as this will give you a better idea of what's happening and when. There's lots of threads on this site about it. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.