castle durrow banqueting hall......too small for band??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

50sbride Posts: 29
Hi just wondering if there is anybody who has had their wedding in castle durrow?? we love the whole place but were a bit dissapointed with the actual room and the bar size. has anybody had their wedding there and can give some feedback about this?? bar looks tiny and when the band is on....is it very confining since thers no specific dance floor or stage?? thanks *)
chicabride Posts: 453
My cousin got married here and it was a fabulous wedding! the food is amazing... I cant remember there being an problem with the bar. Wouldnt be a big drinker but I am sure my brothers would have been complaining if there was a problem and I didnt hear a peep out of them. The dance floor was fine..they moved the top table and pushed back some tables and as it was summer we had the doors open so some people were able to sit outside if they wanted so there was plenty of room. I have to say... that it was one of the best weddings I was ever at!
50sbride Posts: 29
great thanks a mill for that!! really love the place and were prob gona go for it, just needed bit of feedback on the room as its alot smaller than most other places we've looked at, just worried that pple would take off to the main bar if music got too loud etc as theres nowhere appart from outside to escape to, but im sure that wont happen..fingers crossed
chicabride Posts: 453
Nah I say you would be grand. A few went outside but mainly stayed inside...its a really beautiful venue and as I said before...the food was beautiful.The whole atmosphere was lovely.. Good luck in your decision...