Christmas presents

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Judy Posts: 612
ok so instead of asking what your buyin your sisters mams boyfriends etc. im thinkin it would be fun to see what others have bought so il start: For DD (8) i bought a kurio, furby, cicco bello an fav board game for DS (6) i bought a kurio, hex bug, jake toy, and fav board game for niece (5) a combo creation kit for nephew(3) car s 2 race track for nephew (2) pirate ship for nephew (10) lego aeroplane for niece (6) orbeez foot spa for niece (1) talkin ,minnie have lots of pressies to get including the dreaded o/h :eek so really lookin forward to gettin inspiration from this and apologies if its been done already! :wv
R2theB Posts: 1660
For my mum: Voucher for an incredible facial (had one myself recently and started using the products and my skin has never looked better, everyone has been commenting on it) Sister 1: brilliant make-up brush kit, Cos necklace Sister 2: brush kit as well, Cos scarf Nephew: Lego Dad's girlfriend: also the brush kit (they're really good!) Have yet to get pressies for OH, my Dad and my sister's OH. Always the flippin' men!! So hard to buy for.
Sparkly Pooh Bear Posts: 96
Oh i like this DS1 (11) laptop, loads of dvd boxsets from the 80's Eerie Indianna, McGuyver, Are you afraid of the dark, video games, Game of Life board game, 2 computer programming books - all ho ho presents DS2 (2) battery Quad, fabulous wooden kitchen and little cars and bits oh and a petrol pump for his Coupe - again all ho ho presents Sister, and OH's sisters, I'm going really cheap this year - burts bee kits and making up a Yankee Candle gift set with the tartlets and burner. Mother - no idea yet OH's mother - all chipping in buying her one big present Dad - he is not into presents but buying his favourite film Carlito's way on dvd, and prob socks or something. Brother - no idea OH - we said we weren't doing present and i haven't a clue, thinking of getting him a coffee machine for our new house, cause he's always saying he'd love one.... is that a bit sad though?
Buddycat Posts: 109
I'm making my christmas presents this year, doing jams, a relish, biccies and maybe a cake for good measure :o0 We do a KK for my and OH family so that keeps the list down. I'll have to pick up something small for all the nieces and nephews but after that it's just OH. He has his heart set on a fancy set of headphones so that's that sorted too. R2theB would you mind telling me where you go for the facials, I've been saying I'm going to treat myself one for ages but I wasn't sure where to go. Thanks :thnk
mammy2011 Posts: 1388
[quote="R2theB":36elzhjk]For my mum: Voucher for an incredible facial (had one myself recently and started using the products and my skin has never looked better, everyone has been commenting on it) Sister 1: brilliant make-up brush kit, Cos necklace Sister 2: brush kit as well, Cos scarf Nephew: Lego Dad's girlfriend: also the brush kit (they're really good!) Have yet to get pressies for OH, my Dad and my sister's OH. Always the flippin' men!! So hard to buy for.[/quote:36elzhjk] What's the set? I might get something like that for SIL.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Great thread: For DD: Kitchen (2nd hand from her cousin, perfect condition but i do feel a teeny bit guilty :-8 ) A beanie Swiper and Boots (Dora the Explorer) A few books - Dear Zoo, Where's spot, spots christmas etc Puzzle (ie jigsaw type puzzle) For niece and godson (both 3) - books For Niece (2months) - sunny stroll toy bar For Nephew (2months) - glowing seahorse music thing (fisherprice) Not buying for any siblings this year, we're all buying for the kids instead For our parents - restaurant vouchers. Can you tell i much prefer shopping for the kids :)
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
For once I'm almost sorted with presents! Usually it's v last minute. Dh: nespresso machine, pod stand (came free with machine), tie MIL: cordless phone, stuff from Molten Brown Between myself, sister, 2 brothers, dh and BIL we decided to do kris kindle rather than buying for everyone. I'm buying for my brother. Got him lantern in ikea for his house, beer glasses, and one4all voucher towards an iPad. Mum: makeup and a Kenneth turner candle Dad: nothing yet - we got him iPad and weekend away for his retirement present last month so all out of ideas for him! Might get him something for golf
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
So far have got DS a bike, skylanders giants and some board games and lego. DD a dolls house, minnie mouse set, my little pony stuff. Will probably get them a few more bits.... Getting DH a guitar he's been hinting at. Brothers will probably get them clothes Going halves with one sister to get the other one these knee high converse yokes Dad going halves with sister to get him a watch. Mother no idea yet. OHs family do kris kringle, hoping they'll do it again this year.
R2theB Posts: 1660
mammy2011, I got them the 7 piece essential sets from Nima brush, got one for myself and can attest to their brilliance, they're the best brushes I've ever used, beaut.ie gave them a really good review a couple of weeks ago too. http://www.nimabrush.com/#!brush-sets/c15di Buddycat, I go to Sanctum in Temple Bar for my facials, with a girl called Anna, you know you're onto a good thing when your facial therapist has the most amazing skin. Ever!! They do biologique recherche facials, which are unlike any other, really excellent and so kind to the skin. I would recommend buying the products as well though, but be prepared to spend. Totally worth every penny, I can't get over my skin!
mammy2011 Posts: 1388
Thanks for that R2theB, bit on the expensive side but they look fantastic.