christmas wedding favours - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ChristmasBride2010 Posts: 272
I was going to have crackers with scratch card inside, a few roses and a thank you note from h2b and myself. We priced around on the crackers ant they were working out at nearly €1,000 (300+ guests)by the time we got the cracker, scratch card etc and i just couldnt justify it especially as the hotel said they would give us regular crackers for nothing. I didnt really want regular crackers cos of the crap that comes out of them but i will just have to get over as i really feel the need for crackers on the table & i dont want to pay €1,000 for them myself!!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: So we are having few regular crackers and probably a little gold envelope on the table with a scratch card inside and a christmas cheer thank you note from myself and h2b. The envelope will also be used as a place name!!! thats the plan so far. I really like the idea of the christmas tree decoration though.......... Anybody have any link to a good website for them???? My plan might change yet if i find something else!!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0
Jawl, i know this is a stupid question but how are you going to get the bauble to sit properly on the table? i thought of the baubles myself but couldnt figure how i would get them to sit properly!!! thanks :wv
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
im interested in this too!
FinallyMrsH Posts: 358
I know Penneys have silver and gold baubles with a flat bottom to be used as place namces, they're €4 for 6 in a box!
Jawl Posts: 8881
Jeez hadn't thought of that. But off the top of my head, piece of blue tack at the end?
Jawl Posts: 8881
or sit them in teh wine glass for that setting?
anitacaricatures Posts: 369
If it is a Christmas wedding, then personalised baubles are great. We made them ourselves. Bought silver baubles in Dunnes and ordered personalised ribbon with our names and date on the internet. Then just replaced the string with the ribbon and put them into silver organza bags. they were subtle, but nice to think our guests will have that memento every year when decorating their tree :lvs [img:18tfeem9]http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/WolliesPhotos/Anita%20Caricatures/favours.jpg[/img:18tfeem9]
Anita i love the idea of the personalised ribbon....did you just get it on e-bay?? i am really bad at sourcing stuff like that!!! It looks lovely on the table beside the wine etc......lovely photo...... :action28 God so many nice ideas....... decisions, decisions....... :duh: :duh:
anitacaricatures Posts: 369
[quote="ChristmasBride2010":15xu4kob]Anita i love the idea of the personalised ribbon....did you just get it on e-bay?? i am really bad at sourcing stuff like that!!! It looks lovely on the table beside the wine etc......lovely photo...... :action28 God so many nice ideas....... decisions, decisions....... :duh: :duh:[/quote:15xu4kob] Thanks, happy to help :)
flowers01 Posts: 205
We are having this cracker as favour/placenames. Will attach a silver & white card with guest name between the two bows. [attachment=0:36ynyzfq]white-cracker-with-white-bows.jpg[/attachment:36ynyzfq]