Colour Schemes, what is yours?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Wollies having major trouble deciding on colour schemes. We had initially agreed on black, white/cream and purple but I think purple is too dark for a Summer wedding, what do you think? Do you think Black&White is too dark for a Summer wedding? I just don't know! The OH doesn't like pink. We had thought of yellow but I'm not a big fan...any suggestions? Or if you want to share your wedding colour scheme and don't mind the possibility of me stealing it, please feel free! ;o)
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Hi Zumba, a friend of mine had white,silver and purple as her colour scheme for a summer wedding, it was gorgeous! We're having blue and white, with some small bits of pink
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
my friend is getting married on 1st May & she is having us in coral BM dresses & they are stunning. For my own wedding we're having a fushia pink type colour & the men are in dark grey :o)ll
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
I'm having royal blue BMs dresses and peacock feathers. Incorporating, blue, ivory and golds into other bits and bobs. Sounds terrible when I write it like that, but it does look nice ... I hope!!!
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Vulgarpicture, that sounds amazing!!!!!Love the peacock feather idea!!!
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
Thanks bridesmaidzilla, i love peacock feathers! Not having too many just a few in my bouquet, H2B's buttonholes, arrangements at the venue and the invites so far! It's hard to get a balance between too much and not enough!
stickwoman Posts: 2394
Prob not going to suit as you said your h2b doesn't like pink.... but ours is black and pink. Black table linens, pink BMs, pink gerbera flowers... candy buffet combination of both colours.... although we haven't decided on the guys' suits. We're considering navy or grey. I wouldn't stress about a colour scheme too much. Go for what ye both like
Leftbank Posts: 2395
My coloours will be teal and pink but featuring feathers for some of it. Doing feather boa centre pieces and then whipping em off and people can dance with them. head piece willl have feathers as well..
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
WE GOT MARRIED IN nOVEMBER AND WE HAD RED AND IVORY (WITH GOLD ON INVITES AND TABLE CONFETTI) I LIKE THE SOUND OF BLACK AND PINK
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
I will be going with vintage-y pinks and creams so that's no use to you! I love the royal blue, peacock feathers and golds like another poster said. I was at a wedding recently with coral BM and men were in charcoal grey and it was beautiful!!! I think coral suits blondes and brunettes! HTH :wv
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8