combe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

thebride06 Posts: 271
hi girls we found out yes day that we are 7 weeks pregnant with twins after having ICSI in the hari unit we have decide to go with the combe We said that we would go semi private but when we got there the girls kind of put us off going semi private as they said you get the same treatment going public anyhow cut a long story short we booked in as public patient but now I’m thinking I should of stuck to my guns and went semi private as I have to have a c section and will be in at least 5 days Here’s the question can you go from public to semi private after your first appointment or even second appointment.
thunder Posts: 110
I think its ok to move up from public to semi private or from semi private up to private. But they don't let you move from private down to semi or semi to public. I'm going semi in the Coombe, everything has been great so far, get scanned at each visit which doesn't happen in most other hospitals, and you see the same doctor at each visit which people say only happens with private. You're obviously not garanteed having the same doc there when you deliever. If you are going to be staying for 5 days you would be better off going semi, a friend of mine went public in the coombe, she said the staff where brill but there was afew dodgy characters in the ward, she was told to leave her rings etc at home!!!
hi thunder thanks for your reply do you mind me asking what way are you going with in the combe
thunder Posts: 110
No worries, I'm semi private.
thanks again