Menu

Coombe website is a joke

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride. Posts: 3014
Aaaghhh, I want to compare semi private prices of all the Dublin hospitals and also the private costs. The Rotunda and Holles Street are great, have all their info on their sites but the Coombe's site hasn't been updated in years. There is still hardly any information on it! What I want is a list of consultants and their fees but apparently such a thing does not exist. I had to ring the main hosp to get through to the private clinic but you have to know your consultants name before you ring, what do you do if you don't know their name yet! I rang around the names I could remember from last time and none of their phones were answered. O:|
mimiblossom Posts: 589
That's ridiculous! I was just looking at their website and it is a joke. No useful info on it at all!!! Does the Coombe have private rooms? Does anyone have any idea of semi private or private costs for the Coombe?
Well I did get some info after good few phone calls to them. They do have private rooms, the consultants fees are between €3,500 and €4,000 but they couldn't suggest how I go about finding out which consultant costs what or what the consultants names are. The semi private fees are €750 which I think are actually very reasonble considering it's nearly €1500 at the Rotunda. The accounts lady told me €160 per scan SP to a max of 3 but I wonder if this is correct as it used to be €100 and I read on another site that it's still €100. HTH.
mimiblossom Posts: 589
Defo cant afford private. Am starting to wonder why i pay for private health insurance!!! I supposed that was my own naivety to think that more of the cost would be covered. :-8
Wife09 Posts: 873
[quote="bride.":5ewowt0n] They do have private rooms, the consultants fees are between €3,500 and €4,000 but they couldn't suggest how I go about finding out which consultant costs what or what the consultants names are. HTH.[/quote:5ewowt0n] Im private in Coombe and my consultant is €4500, room are are around €900 per night
BB1 Posts: 752
Just on the ultrasounds they upped their prices to 160 last Monday, used to be 100.
Thumbelina Posts: 2340
Bride. - Tom D'Arcy at the Coombe is supposed to be fab, a friend of mine has just had her 2nd baby there & went back to him again, said she trusts him completely & she had 2 difficult births, he was great both times.
Marpat Posts: 1784
Tom D'arcy is very good. he is now charging €3900. If you didnt have private insurance and you wanted to go private his costs would be a lot higher. I overheard his secretary explaining this. VHI will cover the cost of your accommodation. if you didn't have the insurance and wanted to pay for a private room and were completely mad it would cost you 900 a night as far as i know. I was in the admissions office today and i was reading up on their costs. best of luck!
Thanks a million, I do like Tom D'arcy, he's a little pet. I take it all back, there is a list of consultants on the website BUT I went looking for the timetable of semi private consultants and all they have listed is an Outpatients timetable for 2007!!!! It's still an almost completely useless website!
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
Girls Dr Darcy was in an accident, quite serious one a while ago so dont know if he's back in work at the mo. He looked after me when i was pg, wasnt going private but when things started going wrong he stepped in and was great.