Could i be pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Billie-jean Posts: 143
I'm worried guys! Threw caution to the wind when it came to dtd last week. I thought that ov happened 2 wks after end of af. From gathering info from this site i have figured out that we dtd on cd 9 and cd 14. Now at mo i'm not ttc, we r waiting til after wedding (1yr) but we r both extremly broody. Now i'm not sure of cycle yet but i've been off pill for yr and i seem regular but would not be sure of technical side of ttc. i did notice that day after we dtd i had ewcm. Im sorry to say i'm worried but at moment with work situation its prob not ideal time. Any info from this site. way i'm prob just freaking out as i'm obsessed with site. I think i'm noticing every twinge in body. Hve had tinges in tummy and behind belly button, was feeling v emotional for few days, i'm v bloated today all day, did not sleep well for last few nights but maybe thats cos i'm just overly fretting that i could be pg (hope i'm not offending anyone who has been tryin for a while) Look i know its stupid question, but could i possibly be pg from dtd on those 2 days!!!!
milis Posts: 7998
The simple answer is yes! You've seen the ad -'it only takes one sperm!' Sperm can live up to 5 days inside you in the right conditions too, so wouldn't make a difference with those days how long your cycle is.
the winner Posts: 4148
Yes you certainly could be.. do a test and see... I know with 2 yr to the wedding it would not be the best timing but you'll all be fine( if you are) things fall into place and being a mammy is the most rewarding thing you will ever do.. whenever it may be *) *)
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
Room 15 best thing is to do a test and put your mind at rest. When I first got my bfp i was very underwhelmed- i actually felt it was a terrible inconvenience from the job point of view and worried myself sick at having to tell my boss- turns out i need not have fretted at all. I know you have the wedding planned but if you and DH are feeling broody before the big day well then maybe this is a blessing ( if its a BFP). I know I should have listened to my mother when she said all it takes is one sperm, we only dtd twice without protection, once on our wedding night and once in middle of october after a drunken night! And I had been off pill for about 4 years aswell but cycle still wasnt regular. I wish you luck whatever the result and I hope you will be happy either way- you may not be happy in the beginning but I have come round to thinking what in my life could possibly be better than this right now. Thinking of you xx
Thanx milis, ur great for quick replies :o0 I'll prb have another sleepless nite now fretting >:o) how long for pg test. I still think i'm prob worrying over nothing it'll be bfn. aaaaaaaaggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from reading here and hearing other stories it seems it can be hard to get pg!
I know, took us 6 months at it like rabbits, yet other people get pg in a one night stand :-8 Usually around 12 days after Ov you can get an accurate result on a test, so around day 28 for you.
the winner Posts: 4148
[quote="Room15":12bpzddq]Thanx milis, ur great for quick replies :o0 I'll prb have another sleepless nite now fretting >:o) how long for pg test. I still think i'm prob worrying over nothing it'll be bfn. aaaaaaaaggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from reading here and hearing other stories it seems it can be hard to get pg![/quote:12bpzddq] It can be hard but it can be extremely easy too.... you can get early pregnancy tests, if your near a tesco you can get one now.. 2yrs ago I had a scare and I ran to the shop as soon as I got the courage up.. :wv :wv
you can get early pregnancy tests, if your near a tesco you can get one now.. 2yrs ago I had a scare and I ran to the shop as soon as I got the courage up.. :wv :wv[/quote] Would they be ok to use at dis stage? it seems a bit early1 I'll only be on cd18 tomorrow> I pass tesco on way to work, what are those tests called? i thonk i may have to wait a while longer. Thanx a mil girls for all ur posts, hopefully i'll stop worrying and gat some sleep :o0
CD 18 you haven't a hope of getting a positive! It takes 5-12 days for implantation to happen, and you can't get a + before that. Early tests only work 4 days before AF is due, and even then they're only 66 % accurate, whereas the day AF is due they're 99% accurate. Off and relax.... you have about 15% chance of being pregnant! I love statistics :o0