Menu

Cut myself just before the wedding arrgh!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
My wedding is this weekend :o)ll and just now, carrying cardboard boxes of wedding stuff up the stairs I managed to give myself a paper cut across my wrist. It's bleeding and looks as though I have been self harming. I will have some explaining to do on the wedding day :ooh :-8 :eek the most ridiculous thing to go wrong but thank God it's not serious!!!
Just to add - if anyone knows of anything that will stop it from stinging and make it heal magically fast I would be hugely appreciative!!!
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Dont know but I would head off to nearest chemist and see what they suggest
Reecespieces Posts: 927
You poor thing, sorry to hear that
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I had a friend who stood up on the end of her bed to access the wardrobes the week before her wedding, fell and had the most massive bruises on her arms in her short sleeve dress. I hate paper cuts, so sore :o( :o(
Thanks girls - off to the chemist now For some reason it never occurred to me that I'd be able to put concealer on my wrist on the day :thnk
Service Finder
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
You think that's bad. The night before my wedding I was reaching up into an open press in the kitchen and I caught my arm against the corner of the press door. It was so so sore and really red. When I woke up the next morning I had a huge purple/yellow/black/blue bruise on the outside of my arm. It was about 3inches long :ooh >:o( Makeup did what it could but you couldn't hide it completely. I just photoshop it out of pics now. Worse thing is looking at the pics of the funnymoon, because I'm really pale the bruise looks dreadful, like someone hit me with a knuckleduster >:o(
Chicksy Posts: 709
Paper cuts heal really quickly as they're really just surface wounds. I gave myself a really bad one last week, it was so painful. It was virtually gone the next day so I wouldn't worry about it too much!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
you can get stuff in the chemist that is a medicated liquid that you paint on to the cut...it helps small cuts heal really quickly - i think it's called "surgical skin" or something like that. and as one of the other posters said - there's still 3 days before wedding so if it's a paper cut it should be healed.
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
girls you should all have arnica its stops the bruiseing if you use it in time,its great.