De-fuzzing during pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miki Posts: 309
Hi girls, Just wondering if many have you have bothered with hair removal down below while pregnant. I've tried shaving and waxing and ended up really sore with a rash so i've just left myself alone. Only five weeks to go now, and maybe im just really vein but i'd like to do a bit of a tidy up before the main event. Has anyone tried Nair or have any other suggestions?
bellabella Posts: 2750
HI MIki, how are you feeling? I was going to get waxed and the girl said to me it's very very painful whilst pregnant.THe skin is extra sensitive. The thing is my hair has stopped growing since i got pregnant ..well not 100%. I shave before all my visits and when i can no longer manage i'm sure dh will oblidge well he better it's his child too. I think veer is ok to use but your skin may be extra sensitve now.You know you could go to your local saloon and ask one of the girls to tidy you up. Hope the discharge is ok at this stage.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LJMom Posts: 1100
Hi Miki, I get waxed in Brazilia where they use Lyreco wax it is excellent you can barely feel anything. Itys more expenisve but well worth it. I have continued getting waxed every 6 weeeks while being pregnant & Im really happy I did as I didnt on my last pregnancy. You are more sensitive but seriously you can still barely feel it. I think it will be much better afterwards for cleaning etc. :-8 Only 1 more wax for me until the big day :o0 Take care :wv
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
When I shave and Immac my bikini line I get an itchy rash not matter if I apply a moisteriser before and after,its really annoying.I have never waxed so thats out of the question,my hair grows so quick since getting pg you should see the mop on my head both outwards and the length is unreal
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I continued to get waxed every 6 weeks as normal since I got pregnant and oh boy yes it surely is even more painful than it was before. But I couldnt bear not to get it done as normal I will be getting all done and dusted in the next two weeks in time for the big event :eek :eek !! Made my appointment at my last appointment, and will also get a pedicure and manicure too just for the sake of spoiling myself !!!! Ah sure I deserve it ! MrsNoc
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
There was a thread on this a couple of weeks back. For those of you doing a DIY, how the hell can you reach????? No matter what angle I'm at I can't see what I'm doing. Someone suggested that the DH's should be on bikini line hairdressing duties for us, if their hand is steady enough!!!! :eek