Deleted

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Droimneach Posts: 52
deleted
kitten_77 Posts: 826
i'm sorry- i read your mail but i dont know what to advise you..... and i'm a little at a loss to understand what kind of advice you are looking for. there is so much going on in your mail.... but the general jist of it seems to be a major rift between you and the in-laws. you say they dont like you and cut your h2b off because yhey dont like you which seems very strong.... did you do something to offend them? Do you feel you have any responsibility for the situation bein the way it is? I dont really know what to say, there are a lot of messages on the forum about problems with in-laws and generally the advice given is to try and at least maintian a civil relationship with them for the sake of peace. maybe you could consider if there was any way of making amends with them?
Kitten_77 Thanks for replying! They dont like me because I have an opinion, my h2b tells me that no one ever went down well with mil2b if they had their own opinion. I mean she questioned me why i wasnt getting married in h2b's parish! Why would i? Another reason given was because I have a good job and wont give it up to be a housewife. As you can see their fairly backward! If i gave it up then she could throw it at me that im living off her son! I really tried so hard with them but they just dont like me! Im goosed! I dunno what to do! Have tried to talk to them but then she told everyone i got stuck in her and that she ened up in hospital over me, she was never in hospital! At this stage im really thinking of finishing with h2b as i cant take the pressure from them! I dont want to obviously but what can we do, we cant continue like this!
kitten_77 Posts: 826
ok it sounds like a nightmare situation. the reaons i asked is becasue when people post that the in-laws hate them i always wonder what the other side of the story is....cuase there are always two sides etc. but maybe your h2b's mum is just incredibly difficult i dont know cuase obviously i dont know ye. Anyway its very serios that you're thinkiong of finishing with your hubby to be because of the inlaws, i feel bad for you that things are getting to you that much. you really need to talk to him though.... explain how you feel.. obviously you dont need me to tell you that breaking up with him over his inlaws isn't the right way to go about things, but at the same time he needs to understan how much they are getting to you so that ye can get on with yer lives without their interference. talk to your hubby to be :wv
timeout Posts: 40
deleted
Thanks girls for replying, really down over it all yesterday! Called to my sisters house and mams last night and spoke to them about it! Worked out my main fear is how will h2b feel if they dont show up on the day, i dont care but would feel gutted for h2b so had a chat with h2b and he put my mind at rest! He just said that after he's after seeing what their up to he has no time for them either and that im not to worry about the wedding coz he doesnt care at this stage whether their there or not, once im there he doesnt care who else is. Also he said he's going to start telling people what is going on so as not to let them get there 1st and then we will have the bad names! He really cheered me up girls and booked me to head off with the girls for the weekend! Im feeling much better! Just realised I cant be held responsible for what their doing and I cant protect h2b's feelings from them either! I hope it all works out for us!