did anyone go and see the doctor at 7 weeks for hearbeat?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

keeley08 Posts: 328
will the doctor be able to hear the heartbeat at this time ? he said to go and see him at the end of March but am off work on Monday and thinking to make appointment then but i'll only be 7 weeks...he going to test my urine etc aswell..will it be worth my while going when only 7 weeks?
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
Hi Keeley I dont think he would be able to hear anything at this early stage, but do go and get a routine check up from him, some GPs have scan machines,(mine doesnt) unless he has one of those? :wv
ohsotired Posts: 7071
The first time I heard the heartbeat was at 18 weeks with a doppler - midwife said at that stage she might not be able to pick it up because of baby's position but she did after a few minutes of trying. We saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks with an internal scan but did not hear it!
emm i don't know then :o0 :o0 he said to see if it's growing etc and to take my urine example..maybe he meant end of april and not end of march cuase only be 8 weeks then... :o0
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
We saw strong heartbeat at scan last week 9wk 4d but didn't hear it. My GP said normally hear heartbeat at 14 week mark, thats when my next scan is so I'm hoping the baby is lying in a good position for us to hear something :o)ll Still go to the doc Keeley for check up. She'll prob take sample of urine and blood and will probably weigh you and if you have any questions will be able to answer everything there and then.
D2es Posts: 143
Keeley I think your LMP was Jan 17th same as me - if thats the case ur 9 weeks today, or am I not calc'ing it correctly?!?! Is everyone else going by LMP not gestational age????
:o0 [quote="D2es":3ihuaw7d]Keeley I think your LMP was Jan 17th same as me - if thats the case ur 9 weeks today, or am I not calc'ing it correctly?!?! Is everyone else going by LMP not gestational age????[/quote:3ihuaw7d] Hi D2es, yes my LMP was 17th Jan but am going by 27th Jan (Fri) which said 2-3 weeks pregnant so say 3 weeks pregnant then so i'll be 7 weeks this Fri...haha i doubt am 9 weeks, i wish :o0 :o0 I have my scan booked in for 17th April, when is yours ? seeing the doc on Monday to give her my urine sample and see what else she'll do, hope she'll can try and listen for something inside me :o0 :o0
i'm getting it all wrong then but my friend got that doppler and she could hear a heartbeat around 10 weeks, maybe everyone is different i don't know :o0 :o0
ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="keeley08":2dz4lt3j]i'm getting it all wrong then but my friend got that doppler and she could hear a heartbeat around 10 weeks, maybe everyone is different i don't know :o0 :o0[/quote:2dz4lt3j] Did she use a doppler herself or was it used by a doctor? A lot of people using the doppler themselves mistake their own heartbeat for the babies! The Doc probably just meant come back in a few weeks to see how you're getting on - to make sure you haven't had any bleeds etc. Have you contacted the hospital you wish to attend? This should be your priority now as depending on where you are based it can take longer to get your initial booking appointment - I'm in Dublin and was 14 weeks at my '12 week' scan despite registering with them at just over 6 weeks due to large volumes attending!
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
[quote="D2es":35jjwl50]Keeley I think your LMP was Jan 17th same as me - if thats the case ur 9 weeks today, or am I not calc'ing it correctly?!?! Is everyone else going by LMP not gestational age????[/quote:35jjwl50] + 1 on this Keeley, you are most likely 9wks pregnant. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll For example my LMP was 07/01/2012 which makes me 10 weeks 4 days :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll My scan confirmed that aswell last week O-O