Menu

DIY Invitations

Go to DIY

Drummerswife
Empress Wolly

DIY Invitations

Postby Drummerswife » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Starting a post where we can all put up pics of our homemade invites so others can get inspiration so ill start with my own.

I got the inspiration from a gift voucher i received from one of our favourite hotels.

I got the silver paper in a local stationery shop and all other paper from Daintree. I got most things cut and scored (for folding) in daintree. I used roller glue to stick everything. I got the wax seal and sticks online (cant remember where whoops)

What you see when you take it out of envelope
closed invite.jpg
closed invite.jpg (25.44 KiB) Viewed 5507 times

When you open first page the guests names are written
openinvite.jpg
openinvite.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 5507 times

Then the sheet is lifted up for details.
underinvite.jpg
underinvite.jpg (26.3 KiB) Viewed 5507 times
Previously known as soon2bmrsrb and brasschick

AwkwardAnnie
Woloholic

Re: DIY Invitations

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:30 pm

I wanted pocketfold invitations, but the prices I got quoted from suppliers, from both Ireland and the UK were madness - Got quotes €7-8 per invite.

So I got my pocketfolds, invitation mat, envelopes, rsvp envelopes and monogram backing square from Cardsandpockets.com. They are a US website, the quality of their stuff is amazing. Luckily a family member was in the US at the time and agreed to take the package home with them so I saved on overseas shipping and customs.

I got my invites, guest information sheets, RSVP cards and monograms printed in Reads in Dublin. I priced around and Reads came in by far the best. I got my images from iStockphoto.com and a lovely wollie helped me put it all together (Thanks HellsBelles!!)

Then it was just a case of sticking it all together. I did it in stages.
Invitation mat onto pocketfold
Invitation onto invitation mat
Monogram onto backing sqaure
Monogram onto pocketfold

Then I got little velcro dots from eBay to secure them.

Delighted with how they turned out
Attachments
Components.jpg
Components.jpg (66.35 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
Invitation.jpg
Invitation.jpg (60.34 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
Front.jpg
Front.jpg (42.89 KiB) Viewed 5458 times

MrsAtobe
Royal Wolly

Postby MrsAtobe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:55 pm

AwkwardAnnie your invitations are still my dream ones, I want them so bad! But I couldn't find a suitable colour that I liked on their website, for the moment I've given up completely on beautiful pocketfolds and am thinking of postcard styles ones that'd be €60 for 100 invites, but not sure yet. I want yours so bad!!

AwkwardAnnie
Woloholic

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm

What shade are you looking for boopboop??

MrsAtobe
Royal Wolly

Postby MrsAtobe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Like a Sapphire blue, royal blue, etc. Found a perfect colour in a place in the UK but have since temporarily given up the idea of making them at all.

AMcD2b
New Wolly

Postby AMcD2b » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Awkward Annie I love them. Got some samples from cards and pockets the other day. Did Reads mind printing on to the paper you had bought else where? Any idea how much they cost in total or per invite. Trying to work out if it's worth DIYing them.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Jennies Invitations
AwkwardAnnie
Woloholic

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 pm

The cream pearlesence paper that was used for the actual invitation, guest information sheet, RSVP and monogram was supplied by Reads. I priced supplying the paper myself and it worked put dearer!! I also priced printing everything myself and cutting it but Reads were cheaper.

Pm me if you want to know anything

AMcD2b
New Wolly

Postby AMcD2b » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks for the info :)
[/url]

AwkwardAnnie
Woloholic

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:12 pm

No problem!

I'm more than happy to give a hand to any wollies who wants to DIY. The feeling of accomplishment when you have them done is like no other.

mrsbrowne2be
New Wolly

Postby mrsbrowne2be » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:49 pm

akward annie could you pm me how much your invites worked out at each? are you the creative kind? cos im not and im just afraid of them looking cheap - but just dont have the budget to get nice looking ones! thanks
[/url]

Next

Go to DIY