Do/Did you constantly worry that there's something wrong??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maisedon Posts: 1394
Girls, I worry all day every day that there's something wrong with my baby - several conditions run through my head, even though none of them are in my family or DH's. I'm so worried that my baby will actually develop one of these [b:2y3ad4co]because[/b:2y3ad4co] I keep thinking about them so much. Did anyone else have this??? Does it go away??? Any advice?
nea dude Posts: 749
That's perfectly normal. Once you start having the tests done and feel movement inside you, then you will worry less. Although we can never know if everything is really ok until the day comes. I worried alot at the beginning, but now I feel better and my doc has assured me that so far things are going well.
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Maisedon...i was exactly the same - I was worried throughout the whole pregnancy that something would be wrong..I was a nervous wreck before the scans, or when a measurement they took didn´t match 100% I´d sit on the computer and google all it could be...I was worried if there was no movement for a few hours when poor babs was sleeping (even wakened it with a glass of cold water a few times just to make sure).... And it never ended...what can I say...try and relax and enjoy the pregnancy...I know it´s easier said than done with all the worrying...but your wee babe will be fine.. And advice - stay away from google - something negative will always come up and keep you worried for days. Also ask your doctor about anything that´s on your mind. I came back many times asking stuff on here cos I didn´t ask him when I was in!!!
baby peanut Posts: 810
I was the same, just remember you're going to worry for the rest of their lives so you may as well get used to it now :o0
sinion Posts: 6050
Non-stop, and I'm afraid to say it never goes! I've spent the whole pregnancy worrying about all the things that could go wrong (we've each had a blood relative born in the last three years with a major heart defect) so i'm always terrified before each scan but leave elated. It's just one of those things I guess, you really do become a mother as soon as you find out you're pregnant and all that matters is the safety of your baby :lvs
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I'm going to sound like a heartless b*tch, but I'll say it anyway - No, tbh I havent been worrying much at all.
only deadly Posts: 491
On this pregnany every little pain gets me panicing I ab planking it untill my baby kicking the hell out of me I will saty like this On my first pregnancy I was so young and it never once entered my head that anything could be wrong ( so silly ) I think because we are far more aware of the complications that can happen we are more scared I stay away from net only on weddingsonline as that has me freaked out !! Its totally normal pet . xx
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I do worry about the baby but I never talk about it over the fear of it really. I don't think that it's going to go away anytime soon either.
totalnovice Posts: 787
i constantly worry as well, thought it would pass once i hit 12 weeks but it didnt. Had my first hospital appointment todya and didnt sleep all weekend! Like others said, years of worry ahead of us so its preparing us for that. Try relax as much as possible and put the fears out of your mind (look whos talking!)
maisedon Posts: 1394
Thanks everybody :lvs Its a bit reassuring to know that freaking myself out is a fairly common thing!! :o0 I thought maybe it might go away after 12 weeks but I guess its not going to...I'll just have to resign myselft to the fact that its normal and I'm not alone. Thanks again :xox