Do you give the priest an invite?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

glowgal Posts: 949
Probably a silly questions but do you give the priest an invite or is it just assumed that hes coming to the meal?
Twirler Posts: 1644
I've seen a few discussions on this and the general consensus appears to be that it's polite and usually appreciated to give him an invite.
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
I did
sshery_2000 Posts: 57
Hi autumnbridetobe, I checked around the forums re this too & it seems that you normally do send an invite to the priest. We've sent one to ours, although I did find it a bit weird, given that we've asked him to "work" that day also.... Personal choice I guess, but no harm in sending one.
nea dude Posts: 749
I sent one to the preist, and when we went to meet him the week before the wedding it was on his mantlepiece with a few others. They are humans too, it's nice for them to get an invite.
s wife Posts: 1445
i did .. but he cant make it and he sent us both a lovely letter which was soo sweet :wv
Kazza08 Posts: 219
Was wondering about this too, felt a bit strange sending him one so I took the bull by the horns and rang him last week (at the 6 week marker then :eek ) and he said he doesn't bother with such formalities but wouldn't be able to tell us until the day whether he can go for the meal O:| But he's such a nice person, can't let it bother too much I suppose...
Nearly Married Posts: 180
i gave one to mine when i went to meet him about 2 weeks ago, he posted back reply thanking for invitation and said he'd love to go but would only get in the meal as he would have to be back for 8 o' clock mass that evening
glowgal Posts: 949
Thanks for all the replies, I don't really know him that well so it probably makes sense to give him one out of politeness.