Menu

Dormer windows

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

emmariordan Posts: 1
Hi Need ye're help. Need to get curtains for dormer Windows as I am decorating my little baby boys room for him to move into. They are dormer Windows so I can't get a standard curtain pole as the ceiling slopes down to meet the window. Like an alcove window. I want to get ready made curtains as I don't want to get expensive curtains as I will be changing them again as he gets older. Looking for help on how other people dressed their Windows please as I am finding it difficult to find help on the Internet. Thanks
missmaw Posts: 59
Do they have to be curtains? Would you consider getting a cordless blind system? Might make it a bit easier. That sounds like a very awkward window indeed.
Noisin Posts: 448
Roman blinds just fit on recess of window, can get lovely material for kids and get good lining and get them made up with the kit. Roman blinds can be expensive or can be reasonable depends where you get them, enquire in material shops you'll find some one who makes them in own home who doesn't have shop overheads, just fit them yourself. I think blinds on small windows where a pole won't fit look really well and tidy finish.