Dress for a wedding - HELP

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Midlands Mum Posts: 871
Girls I have a wedding to go to in March and i cant find a dress to wear. Can anyone recommend where i could buy a nice dress online? Doesnt have to be a maternity dress, i can have it altered. But im rubbish at shopping at the best of times and shopping and pregnant aint mixing for me :o0 :o0 :o0 all suggestions would be appreciated *)
oirish Posts: 1541
try jojomamanbebe site (not sure of exact address) but they have some really lovely dresses !
Lemon8 Posts: 367
Would you go for a top and skirt/trousers? I have found a few websites, but nothing too dressy. Try marksandspencer online and next.co.uk. HTH
bree Posts: 1880
i had a wedding too & found shopping a nightmare !! eventually got an ordinary dress in Debenhams but the material i wasnt crazy about, still it was v.dressy & dressed up the bump very well...here's the link might give u ideas...the style was quite flattering bump-wise & could be easily worn again post-baby
mrscat Posts: 1082
Ted Baker has some fab empire line dresses and pregnancy-friendly dressy tops & skirts.
pluto Posts: 3893
Hi MidlandsMum! I've had a nightmare the last few weeks trying to find something for a black tie event that's coming up. I eventually got a dress in Debenhams, in Star by Julien McDonald. Its not maternity, but it fits like a dream! I'd usually be a size 10-12, and I got it in a 14 and its perfect. It was only 78 euro which was great, as seeing as I'll be over 32 weeks wearing it with a fairly sizeable bump, I felt I didn't want to spend as much as they charge in the maternity boutiques, as I'd probably never wear the dress again. And sometimes their stuff is so frumpy as well. here's the dress, you can wear it without the straps as well. The detail on the top is gold, bronze and black jewels, so you could bling it up with jewellery, shoes, etc. I'm delighted with it. [img:3p23aanb]http://www.debenhams.com/images/products/lrg/20080201_007010656960_LRG.JPG[/img:3p23aanb]
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
Cheers girls Theres a few dresses on the debenhams site actually that are nice. Madgie that dress is lovely. I'll have to take a look. Im usually a 10/12 as well. And the maternity dresses often dont fit me - would be blessed with a bust pregnant or not :-8 :-8 Bree that gold dress is gorgeous, im only 5'' 5'' wonder would a full lenght not look to great on me. Thanks girls though, you've been a great help :wv
pluto Posts: 3893
Good luck! Hope you find something! Shopping is bloody hard enough when your're pregnant, not to mind trying to find something specific!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I ordered one from for a wedding earlier this month, on the recommendation of another wolly. Ordering and delivery were quick and easy, and the dress was a perfect fit.
aoife1 Posts: 333
try the following.... lovely stuff, pricey but they'll take you through the whole pregnancy.