Dress stuck in customs in UK....starting to freak out :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shannoncailin Posts: 1038
My dress was dispatched from states on monday 14th Jan. I tracked it up until it arrived in the country (last wednesday at 4pm). Have heard nothing since and am starting to get worked up (see ticker). I really don't know what to do. Has anyone experience of how long things took in customs in UK???
princess buttercup Posts: 1457
If they're anything like customs in Ireland, they'll be posting you out a letter to tell you about it. Relax - it'll be fine :xxx Maybe try giving them a call, to put your mind at rest? You'll probably be able to pay the charges over the phone with a credit card, and they'll be able to send it straight out. Good luck - let us know how you get on! How are the rest of the plans coming along?
Shannoncailin Posts: 1038
Rest of plans seem to be on track. I would have rang by now but finding it very hard to get an actual number to ring customs here in NI. Have rang a few numbers to be told, we don't deal with that bla bla bla!!
pollypocket08 Posts: 86
shannonlass i reali hope u get sorted,thats a nightmare,just give them a call,i'm sure if u explain they will sort it 4u
JT Posts: 397
Hi Shannonlass, I got bridesmaid dresses delivered from the US over Christmas. It is the same for the ROI, you get a letter out, pay over the phone and then they deliver it the next working day. I was too impatient so drove up to Craigavon to collect it at this address: Parcel Force Worldwide Unit A3 Seagoe Industrial Estate Portadown CRAIGAVON BT63 5QD (MAP) County Armagh Telephone 028 38350033 Hopefully maybe if you phone that number they can tell you what to do? What website were you tracking it on? I ordered the bridesmaid dresses and they came thru USPS.com and then Royal mail but my wedding dress came from UPS the whole way - to the door and then Dad paid the delivery man. Hope this helps - let me know how you get on!
Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
would give them another few days.... hope you get it sorted soon