Drinks reception music

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

suzanneandjim Posts: 2
Hi all. First post. Am getting married next August in Wicklow. I have the wedding band booked however I am thinking about getting some music for the drinks reception. I don't want something overpowering - any suggestions?
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hey there We do a piano bar type of entertainment for drinks reception where guests can ask for the songs they want to hear. We supply the grand piano and nice atmospheric lighting too so it looks the part. If you want to combine it with ceremony music too we can cover that for you too for a special deal. Visit to hear some samples. Hth Sinead
Bridiekk Posts: 272
Hi Suzanneandjim, We have booked the Kooky Ukes for our pre dinner reception. I love that they're a little bit different and I haven't told any of our guests. Very excited to have them because I have heard great feedback on this site about them! Hope that helps!
CoolInterestingUserName Posts: 326
We have booked the Bugle Babes. They do forties music and modern music in forties style. Seen them in The Merrion Hotel at Sunday brunch and really loved how they got us tapping our feet without drowning out our conversation
Jawl Posts: 8881
It's my pet hate at weddings, pre reception music :innocent: It's the only part of the day you get to mingle with who you actually WANT TO mingle with, and be able to hear/converse with them. Once it comes to dinner, there's a seating plan and the rest of the night it'll be loud music/dj. On the anniversary of my wedding I went back to the hotel for a meal/overnight stay, and there was a wedding going on when I checked in at 3pm. They had a band playing full pelt in the bar, and most of the wedding guests were outside so they could talk. Tha'ts my take on it. Spend money elsewhere, good food, good night entertainment etc.
Cakeybride Posts: 96
My OH put a playlist of music on our ipod and the venue played it for us. We got married in Italy so we had lots of well known Italian music and then songs that were special to us or songs about love...nothing too loud or crazy. We still listen to the playlist and love how it instantly brings back happy memories. Might be an option for you.
shaniaspratt Posts: 98
I had a string quartet so there was just that nice soothing background music and people could still talk no bother
DeeDeeBug Posts: 18
our wedding is July 10th and we are having a lovely guy called ken Kirwan be our singer at the drinks reception. He does a frank sinatra / michael buble set, and goes by the name Frankly Buble. He has a website and Facebook page if you want to check him out.