Early Pregnancy Scans

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
Hi girls found out i was pregnant last week clear blue came up 3+ have very irregular periods so doctor cant dare the pregnancy he guesses im about 6/7 weeks have managed to get an early scan this weekend jn swords they have said though that if im less than 8 weeks they prob wont be able to see much just wondering if any of u have experience with these scans and what to expect
reine Posts: 1771
I'm going for a 6 week scan on Thurs, so I'll let you know how I get on. If there's a heartbeat there, my doctor is convinced she'll be able to find it. Good luck with yours!
Silini2 Posts: 3834
I've had early scans on both girls. They are transvaginal (internal) scans. I saw heartbeat about 6-7 weeks on both dd's. Good luck!!!!
MrsPositive Posts: 1548
I had a scan at 7/8 weeks, regular early scan not internal and they found a heart beat x good luck x
ninja next Posts: 1548
Im 6 weeks today & got an internal scan and they found the heartbeat, well 2 actaully!
MrsAC Posts: 1190
I had 3 early scans (internals) and a heartbeat wasnt picked up til 7 + 3 weeks
Silini2 Posts: 3834
Very exciting ninja!!!!!!
reine Posts: 1771
Ninja, congrats! You'll be a busy mammy!! My doc thinks ours might be twins too (high betas), so can't wait for Thurs to find out. You must be so excited!!
Pom Pom Posts: 231
Ring them and ask if they'll be doing an internal scan. There's no point otherwise at this early stage.
Pom Pom Posts: 231
Ring them and ask if they'll be doing an internal scan. There's no point otherwise at this early stage.