Eggs during pregnancy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi Bit of a silly question but I have an unmerciful craving to have a fry tomorrow morning so I was going to get DH to take me out for one. One question though, I googled eggs during pregnancy and all the sites say not to have a runny egg and that it must be cooked through. I'd rather give the fry a miss if I had to have a hard poached/fried egg :o0 Does anyone know if this is more of a guideline and its ok to eat one the odd time or are runny eggs a total no no? Thanks for your help :thnk
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Em not too sure bout that one. If I'm cooking the eggs myself there I would let them still be a bit runny. I thought you just had to be careful of things that actually had raw egg in them like mouse etc??
Perci Posts: 3847
Hi, the generally advice would be to make sure the yolk is hard, otherwise it's not cooked properly.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
A googie egg is raw egg yolk,best to avoid as far as I know...
dovedro Posts: 1295
Yeah the general consensus seems to be to avoid them. Typical, most foods make me feel sick at the moment and the one i want most at the moment isn't allowed. Ah well, i'm booking myself in for a fry up the morning the babys born so :yelrotflmaosmilie:
cpd Posts: 177
Eggs should be cooked thoroughly i.e. not runny/soft. It is in case there is salmonella in it. I usually have a fried egg one morning over the weekend and h nukes it 'just in case' - can't wait to have a soft egg yolk and toast....
Flossy Posts: 212
What about scrambled eggs, omlettes and quiche - are they off the menu too?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="Flossy":3ni2tt0j]What about scrambled eggs, omlettes and quiche - are they off the menu too?[/quote:3ni2tt0j] They are all fine once the egg is cooked throughly...eggs are very good for you!
Flossy Posts: 212
Phew! Thougt I was going to lose a staple dinner (we have omelette night once a week!) Thanks a mill x
Idina Posts: 1289
Soft boiled eggs are my comfort food and I was devestated about this! I asked both my gynae and my GP hoping it was "just a guideline" but they both told me under no circumstances to have undercooked eggs, they must be cooked through i.e. hard boiled/fried/poached!!