End of Ugly Betty

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dee24 Posts: 608
Anyone out there watch Ugly Betty? I was SO disappointed that herself and Daniel didnt kiss at the end :o(
GreenTea2014 Posts: 119
Meeeee - really going to miss it :weep. And yep I really thought they were going to kiss on the steps. Would love to have seen their first date :lvs
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
was very disappointed they didn't kiss especially when he followed her over. can't believe its over now aswell.
busybee07 Posts: 959
Ah im gutted that they didnt kiss at the end, really disappointed, but then the girl on rte2 last night said the last in the current series??? I thought that was the final ever episode? I was in tears last night and also the previous week when Justin started dancing with his bf at the wedding. Ugly Betty nearly always makes me cry for some reason. But shes no longer ugly betty, just betty.
AHHH!! I wonder is it the end of "Ugly Betty", but if a new series is starting called just "Betty"?? Here's hoping :o)ll
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Ahh girls, I'm afraid that was the last and final episode....no more series lined up. :o( I was so disappointed too that Daniel & Betty didn't kiss. I was watching the clock as well as the TV to see how many mins were left in the hope that they'd squeeze in such a scene. :lvs Maybe they'll make a film in the future!! I was never an avid viewer of Ugly Betty, watched it at the start and kinda zoned in and out over last couple years but then watched most episodes this last series and really loved it. Such a pity it's all over now. Betty really looked fab in the end.
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I was the same as Jane Smith, loved it at the start but then seemed to lose interest after awhile. I did watch it last night though and in a way I think it's good they didn't have Betty and Daniel kissing. I think if they did it would have been weird and would have been too predictable and weirdly enough it would have rang true iykwim. I think it was more realistic that after all this time and what they both meant to each other that now they are going to get to know each other as equals. Bettys happy ending was never about getting a man, it was about being comfortable and confident in her own skin. Oh God, I sound daft. I know these aren't real people/friends of mine. :-8
Mrs Dodders, yeah I can see what you mean - an it was a really good ending I suppose I just love my romantic endings I was in tears watching it aswell, and in a way I'm glad to see Whilomena (SP?) could give up her fight at the end and that herself and Conor got sorted. BTW - how hot is he??? And he's a kiwi to boot - possibly my favourite accent ever! [img:34m7dkhb]http://backstage.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341c9cc153ef01157163055d970c-200wi[/img:34m7dkhb]
katgirl Posts: 1258
oh no i cant believe i missed this , ive watched since the start and just kept missing most of this series for one reason or another , i always thought it would end with daniel and betty together, does anyone know if its going to be shown on E4 or Channel 4?? im assuming this was the one on Rte2??
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Mrs Dodders ":lswks2ho]I was the same as Jane Smith, loved it at the start but then seemed to lose interest after awhile. I did watch it last night though and in a way I think it's good they didn't have Betty and Daniel kissing. I think if they did it would have been weird and would have been too predictable and weirdly enough it would have rang true iykwim. I think it was more realistic that after all this time and what they both meant to each other that now they are going to get to know each other as equals. Bettys happy ending was never about getting a man, it was about being comfortable and confident in her own skin. Oh God, I sound daft. I know these aren't real people/friends of mine. :-8[/quote:lswks2ho] Completely agree with you. I was glad they didnt kiss for the reasons you have outlined above. It was never about her getting the man. Im glad the way they ended it. Will really miss it, was one of my favourite shows ever