Exchange of Gifts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsberries Posts: 462
Hi Was going through my mass booklet this morn and realised I had left in the exchange of gifts - O:| feck, feck, feck...!! So what are we supposed to exchange - is it just coins or what is the norm? Thanks in advance :thnk
excitednerjabride Posts: 869
Heh we are planning on doing the exchange of gifts, my mom has given s her coin my dad gave her to her. It's usually a coin used, can get them in fields, lantz or where ever you got your wedding rings.
finnug Posts: 211
Just the coin I'd say. They're a nice keepsake if you get it engraved with your names and the date. It'll make me laugh handing it to my H2B as a symbol of all i possess....that roughly equates to about 5 euro :o0
excitedBTB10 Posts: 35
OMG I just realised I left in it too ! Sugar ! & iM getting married next week! So what exactly do I need to get? A coin engraved with our names is it?
mrsberries Posts: 462
[quote="excitedBTB10":2vx5ginl]OMG I just realised I left in it too ! Sugar ! & iM getting married next week! So what exactly do I need to get? A coin engraved with our names is it?[/quote:2vx5ginl] Me too! And we're leaving for italy next monday so gotta get the skates on!!! Best of luck with it all :compress
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
use a normal coin; the guests won't be able to see anyway!!
JustBecause Posts: 3242
I was at a wedding where the groom gave the bride a diamond necklace at the exchange of gifts, it was a total surprise to her and seemed like a lovely moment between the 2 of them :lvs I've been threatening to give FH a shoe as a sign of all that I posses :o0