Executive Bus Hire - any comments??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pesto24 Posts: 206
I've found this bus hire company called "A Executive Bus Hire". Found them in the Golden Pages. Not sure how legit they are. It's a private business. The owner's name is Tony O'Toole. He seems nice enough. He quoted me €385 each way to take 30 of my guests from Dublin to Kinnitty Castle for our wedding. He wants €100 in bank draft for a a deposit and cash for the remainder on the day. Has anyone used them before? Are the coaches nice, reliable service, friendly drivers, etc.?
Mrs080808 Posts: 1569
Have you tried Dublin Bus. We booked the wedding bus from them. From church in Dublin to hotel in Meath and at the end of the night pick up from the hotel with various stop off points on the way for €475. The white bus is lovely and they decorate it with ribbons.
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
Hi, yah you should Dublin Bus they have gone upto €510 but that's return so might be better off going with them will save you a few euro!! they do charge a little extra for outside dublin but not a bad idea to check them out. :wv
Do either of you have a contact name with someone in Dublin Bus? I went to them at first and they said to go to Bus Eireann because they don't travel outside of Dublin??? Bus Eireann wants €990!! They apparently travel to Meath! Messer - who did you talk to at Dublin Bus? Thanks.
hi, I haven't got a name but I rang the Private Hire dept at (01) 7033150
Thanks 08/08/08. Just rang them. They don't go as far as Co. Offaly to Kinnitty. Might have to go with Tony O'Toole, Executive Bus Hire. Can't justify €990 compared to €760. Hope it works out! :wv
Ah thats a pity sorry i couldnt be of more help :wv
That's ok triple 8! I'm sure it will work out fine. By the way, did either of you pay for the bus or did you get the guests to pay a certain portion of it?
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Hiya I have booked Tony for my wedding in October this year. I was speaking to him yesterday and he seams like a lovely man. He was the best quote I got by a long shot - difference for about 200e between quotes! Id say hes grand, the company seams to be going for a long while. Where abouts are you based? Maybe you could go see him and view the buses for peace of mind?
Thank Jamiebear! That makes me feel better to know someone else booked him. :-8 Good idea with going to see his fleet. That would make me feel better. He is definitely the best price around! Still getting quotes from others at €900 for the trip. So Tony is almost €200 less! :wv