FAO : those who temp

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

elfen Posts: 244
Hi Tempers! Have only recently started this my self ( well 3rd month) in prep for TTC. First 2 months could see fairly distinctive pattern ie. rise in temps after O... but this month seems a bit messed up. I am just wondering if you wouldnt mind sharing your average temps before and after O. Mine seem very low this month for some reason ... Thanks Elfen.
madmam Posts: 1294
My temps were generally lower than 97.5 before ovulation, then over that (went to over 98 at O, then settled to around 98 before my period) afterwards. HTH.... Everyone is different, and it is perfectly normal for women to not ovulate some cycles. If you are on fertilityfriend.com, you can look up charts like yours in the chart gallery. You will see that you are probably perfectly normal. :wv
boobies Posts: 1625
Hi Elfen, I have'nt tried temping but would be grateful if someone could explain to me how it works..... thanks in advance
[b:1aczmkl6]How do I take my temperature when charting?[/b:1aczmkl6] There are a few guidelines to follow when taking your temperature to make sure you get the best interpretation on your chart. Take your temperature just as you wake up in the morning, before doing anything else. Take your temperature at the same time every morning, or as close to the same time as possible. Note the time. Take your temperature after a solid few hours of sleep. Take your temperature using a special BBT thermometer. Enter your data on your chart or bedside notepad as soon after taking your temperature as possible. [b:1aczmkl6]How much does my temperature have to rise to indicate ovulation?[/b:1aczmkl6] In most cases, you are able to see a biphasic pattern on your chart after ovulation has taken place. That is, you will have lower pre-ovulation temperatures and higher post-ovulation temperatures. Your temperature may rise slowly in increments, or quickly, or it may even rise and fall slightly over several days. The rise in temperature is usually about 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.2 degrees Celsius, but the rise may be as slight as 0.2 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.1 degrees Celsius or even less in some cases. Great variability is possible. More important than the value of the rise, is the overall pattern of the chart. Fertility Friend helps you determine ovulation based on the pattern of the chart and all fertility signs. Because there are no standard rules that can apply to everyone, Fertility Friend has been tuned and trained to recognize a wide range of ovulation patterns on your chart, based on all your signs.
boobies Posts: 1625
cheers for that Shorty! and congrats to you.....
Thank you! And good luck to ye! :wv
feelsobad Posts: 693
HI Elfen I temp and find that it is around 97.4 or 97.3 before ovulation and this month was around 98.2 after. As shorty says you could be having an annovulatory cycle or late ovulation. or maybe your sleep patter has been a bit broken. Sometimes if you have a cold and breath through your mouth at night it brings down your temp.. what is your temp?? :wv
elfen Posts: 244
Hi Girls, Thanks for your replies Chloe, i easure mine in Celsius, first part of cycle 36.1 - 36.2 latter part ( after Day 12 or so) 36.3 - 36.4.... just doesnt seem very definite. Or maybe i'm just a bit paranoid! Normally have a fairly short cycle 25-26 days. Previos 2 months temp normally rose to 36.7 - 36.8 ....?? Elfem
feelsobad Posts: 693
Hi Elfen Mine when I ovulate are before 36.3 and after up to 37.1, these seem a little low to be in line with ovulation! I am no expert though, maybe you will ovulate later this month or maybe you will skip ovulation, what day you at now??
sally Posts: 1140
Mine are ususally 35.9 before and 36.5 after